Drakensang 2 - Officially Confirmed

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
dtp COO Markus Windelen confirmed to Radio Hamburg that Drakensang 2 is indeed in production. ETA is early 2010. The article also mentions that Drakensank has sold through "at least 90.000 units" since August. The Drakensang add-on and the XBox360 version - both open secrets - are not mentioned.
Via World of Drakensang.

100k is the border for a major hit in Germany.
Drakensang's international release is expected early next year through THQ (NA) and Eidos (UK, maybe Europe).

More information.

Still waiting for the english version but based on the critical acclaim it has been getting in Germany this sounds like great news. A release date set in a little over a year sounds like a lot of the technology will be reused. It has worked before so this is not negative in my book.

LOL :D

The Drakensang 2 also was kind of an "open secret" so far.

I do hope they'll put more non-combat role-playing into it.

Those with motivation problems within the game claim it is mostly due to the rather tunnel-like environment in the rest of the game plus the rather combat-heaviness, so to say.

Is It Drakensang 2 or Das Schwarze Auge 5 ?
;)
For PC Games it would be DSA 6, because TGC already announced their project "Aventuria" during this year's GC. :D

Don't know. The problem ist, the term Drakensang seems to be a dead-end to me. The story is self-concluding and regarding the ruleset there is not much room for a sequel with the same hero, especially if an addon for Drakensang will be released.

Yes. That´s true. But the story told in Drakensang - for its own completed - is a prolog for an upcoming pen ´n paper campaign. Perhaps the sequel take place in this scenario. In this case "Drakensang" maybe become a sort of brand name.

Drakensang offers great classic rpg gameplay on a high technical accuracy thought, i hope the sequel will come with a little deeper character development, more party interaction und even more emotional storytelling.

Last edited:
But the story told in Drakensang - for its own completed - is a prolog for an upcoming pen ´n paper campaign.

Yes, that's right.

This campaign was known among fans as "TNBT" so far - short for "The Next Big Thing". I'm not sure, but it might have changed into "Die Drachen-Chroniken" nowadays.

Anyway, it has something to do with Dragons in Aventuria - a rather seldom used field of adventures in this setting. So far, Dragon were rather in the background than in the foreground - apart from a few exceptions (for example Apep and Rhazzazor).

Back
Top Bottom