What games are you playing now?

The funny thing is the way I have to run the clients. I bought the game on Steam, since it was 40% off, and all they gave me was the Uplay key. But in order to run it, I have to be logged into both clients (or keep them both in offline mode). Just preposterous.

Why not take the UPlay key and just use it with Uplay without Steam - in this case you only have one client (Uplay)!

Yeah, when companies decide what platforms I have to run to be able to use their products, that's when I save my money. No game is worth that to me, I'll just play an older one. I fired up King's Bounty: Warriors of the North that had been sitting in my backlog for a while, having a good time with it so far. The combat is pretty much the same as prior games, but the story is quite different, at least as far as I've gotten in it.

It doesn't work that way. If you purchased it for Steam, it has a Steam key as well as a Uplay key. You must activate both.

So you can't just copy the Uplay key that Steam gives in the keys display, and paste it in the Uplay client to download the game from Uplay and then activate it on Uplay as well?

I thought that you have to activate both only if you download it from Steam since it installs the Steam protected executable.

So you can't just copy the Uplay key that Steam gives in the keys display, and paste it in the Uplay client to download the game from Uplay and then activate it on Uplay as well?

I don't see how. The game is already part of your Steam library at that point.

I did exactly that, and tried to start the game with just uplay logged on, and it failed to start. It didn't report anything. I tried to start it from the desktop icon, which references steam://app1234. And also by starting it from the UPlay client. And it refused to start. So I guess Uplay must also perform some call to the steam and wait for its validation.

I've been playing Dying Light for the last few hours.

Can't say I'm impressed. The visuals are nice, but it's just another typical AAA action game comprised mostly of conveniently placed set pieces. It also follows the tired
pattern of find X npc, get X quest, complete that quest, find the next npc, repeat. Of course there's also map markers always telling you exactly where to go.

It's also the most unstable game I've played in a very long time. It consistently crashes every 15-20 minutes, and it's the only game I've had any issues with whatsoever since I built my new system.

Ah well… I doubt I'd have been playing it for long anyways.

I've been playing Dying Light for the last few hours.

Can't say I'm impressed. The visuals are nice, but it's just another typical AAA action game comprised mostly of conveniently placed set pieces. It also follows the tired
pattern of find X npc, get X quest, complete that quest, find the next npc, repeat. Of course there's also map markers always telling you exactly where to go.

It's also the most unstable game I've played in a very long time. It consistently crashes every 15-20 minutes, and it's the only game I've had any issues with whatsoever since I built my new system.

Ah well… I doubt I'd have been playing it for long anyways.

Strange, as I never had a single crash. Hope you get it working, as it's really not THAT bad after you get into it.

That said, it's much more about getting loot and upgrading your character - as well as getting into the fluid movement system and combat.

The story and quests are, indeed, very par for the course.

It's much like the last few Far Cry games in that way.

Still having fun with Cities Skylines, working on my second city with what I've learned from the first. It really is amazingly well-done.

I kept seeing Arcanum pop up on GOG's recent sale and that got the itch going, so I've started playing it again. These days, I normally play up until the first dwarf mine and lose interest, so we'll see if I managed to get over that hump this time. This game really needs a sequel, even if it's just a spiritual one.

Strange, as I never had a single crash. Hope you get it working, as it's really not THAT bad after you get into it.

That said, it's much more about getting loot and upgrading your character - as well as getting into the fluid movement system and combat.

The story and quests are, indeed, very par for the course.

It's much like the last few Far Cry games in that way.

How long did you play it for? I've only played for about 3 hours, and it already feels repetitive to me. Also, the cityscape never seems to really change. Everything looks the same in every direction.

Do you encounter different kinds of infected later?

How long did you play it for? I've only played for about 3 hours, and it already feels repetitive to me. Also, the cityscape never seems to really change. Everything looks the same in every direction.

Do you encounter different kinds of infected later?

I didn't play much longer than that, probably around 6-8 hours - and I had some restarts. I've been meaning to get back to it - but there are too many games.

But I've heard about a significant change of scenery around half-way through, where you get to another city. Some people are also talking about the side-quests being the best part of the game.

But I agree it's not a great game for story or variety in the missions.

So, maybe it's just not for you. I really enjoyed the way they've implemented full body movement - and I think it's better than Assassin's Creed when it comes to jumping around and doing "cool stuff".

I also quite enjoyed the level of immersion, especially at night.

But, beyond that, it really isn't much more than a "Zombie" Far Cry with some Diablo thrown in. I like it quite a bit, but I realise it's not for everyone.

Oh, and yeah, you encounter different kinds of infected. You get some that are on fire and chase you down, sort of like the bomb monsters in Serious Sam. There are others too, but I forget what they're like.

Thanks. I'm going to invest some more time into it later if I can solve my technical problems.

I agree the parkour style of navigating the environment is pretty cool. It's nothing new or unique, but it works particularly well in that setting.

I started playing Might & Magic X and I like it a lot. Good old-school fun. Last one from the series I played were the Xeen ones way back. I should probably check out parts 6 and 7 at some point.

I adore the character portraits / paintings, they are so thematic and pretty! The only other ones I liked this much were the ones from Realms of Arkania. Playing with my classic LMK+P party, in this case Ranger, Mage, Mercenary and Druid (with some Light magic).

I had such a good time with Trine 1 that I started Trine 2 last night. The graphics are even better in the second one which means they are insanely good. If you like puzzle games and if you ever played the old SNES game The Lost Vikings then you will like this one also.

Still playing FF XIII , what a strange game, starts out horrible for the first 25 hours, only great CGI sequences that kept me going, now there is a lot less CGI, but the game really opened up and I am having a lot of fun with the gameplay and character development instead :S I think most people gave up before those 25 hours.....

Finally finished FEAR 1 and started FEAR: Extraction Point. Still playing Trine 2 (love it) and Torchlight 2 but I fear (hehe) Torchlight 2 is gonna be abandoned as theres just no story to keep me going. Its fine as a mindless loot game but that can only take me so far. I never did finish Torchlight 1 either for the same reason.

hmm after i finished bg2ee, started ESO last wednesday but got bored yesterday, i hoped it will keep me busy til pillars

I've been in a bit of a gaming funk lately, so I decided to jump back into M&M X. Like the other M&M games, it's fun, but not really immersive, which is just the kind of mood I'm in at the moment.

After a few test cities to learn the mechanics of the game, I've been working on my first "real" city in Cities: Skylines, with more winding roads and generally being more organic. I'm getting close to the point that I can build a space elevator and I've only built in the central 4 squares of my region, making it pretty dense. It's still loads of fun, and not too demanding. You can easily ignore your city and go focus on your new suburb without having to worry about everything falling apart.

Back
Top Bottom