King's Bounty - Review @ ActionTrip

Dhruin

SasqWatch
ActionTrip has kicked up a very short review of King's Bounty, with a score of 8.6/10:
Right from the get-go, you're bound to be drawn in by the slick design, appealing artwork and lovely background music. The visuals are very much behind today's standards, although we weren't bothered by this and I assume most of you won't be. Like I said, design wise, everything seems in place. Each unit or hero is animated with precision and care, both during turn-based battles and on the world map. The colorful landscape and the realms are astoundingly huge. It'll take you quite a bit of time to discover all the lands and solve all the quests.
...and Rock, Paper, Shotgun notes KB is on sale at GamersGate for $20 Euro.
More information.

For a second, I though I read $20... Better not mix dollar signs and euros. Oh well, I guess I can wait a little longer. A release on Steam would be nice.

For a second, I though I read $20... Better not mix dollar signs and euros. Oh well, I guess I can wait a little longer. A release on Steam would be nice.

Well, it's 50% off according to the banner at GamersGate, which is probably USD$19.99 for those buying from NA. Might be worth a look.

I'm writing from AU, so I don't always see the same things (Steam sometimes changes the local price, for example).

Yes, the Euro zone is usually more expensive than the Dollar zone.

Not to mention UK Pounds.

how come there are still reviews sooooo long after the game was released?
Oh man, if you were sitting next to me I would smack you over the head ;)

The reason being that the damn game hasn't been released here in Denmark yet. Yes, yes I know that I can download it from several different digital distribution sites but I want my hardcopy dang it, so I'm up the smelly creek with the infamous paddle.

Has anyone here bought it off Gamer's Gate?

I just did, but the game won't activate. It requires online activation by SecuRom but there's no way to get your serial key. Gamer's Gate hasn't supplied it. The funny thing is that I have always been a supporter of DRM protection, but when I - as a legitimate purchaser - become affected by it, then it no longer has my support.

I've written to Gamer's Gate support, but I really wanted to play it this evening. Does anyone here perhaps have a solution for the online activation problem?

It seems the readers of RPS are experiencing the same thing. I had no luck searching Google for this problem. No mention of it what so ever.

There's a few at Quarter to Three with that problem as well, sloppy really.

I've bought multiple games off GamersGate but I can't give you much insight because it's always worked very well. The serial number shows up in the downloader thingy.

I didn't pay too much attention but from a glance, it looked like the people with problems used Paypal?

I've bought multiple games off GamersGate but I can't give you much insight because it's always worked very well. The serial number shows up in the downloader thingy.

I didn't pay too much attention but from a glance, it looked like the people with problems used Paypal?

I know. I've used Gamer's Gate several times previously. It's the only digital distribution service I use, other than Steam.
The serial key isn't listed under the "My Games" tab as it does with other games. Yes, I did use PayPal. It's more or less the only payment option available.

It just seems amateur'ish. Especially when it's on sale. (Not to mention that awful download software they use. The old one was much better, because it was so simplistic.)

Has anyone here bought it off Gamer's Gate?

I just did, but the game won't activate. It requires online activation by SecuRom but there's no way to get your serial key. Gamer's Gate hasn't supplied it. The funny thing is that I have always been a supporter of DRM protection, but when I - as a legitimate purchaser - become affected by it, then it no longer has my support.

So now you see why we complain so much about DRM... it doesn't stop the pirates at all, but it does affect legitimate purchasers.

Just to give you an update. The reason to the lack of serial keys was simply because they ran out of them. They didn't expect to sell that many copies. But the problem has been fixed now.

Rotfl !!! :D

Back
Top Bottom