Skyrim The Sounds of Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/14/the-sounds-of-skyrim.aspx

Ok, I'm a sucker for having choirs in Fantasy crpgs, so I really liked the addition of a choir to the main theme to Skyrim. Has anyone else listened to these videos, and if so, what language are they singing? I'm curious if these are real words or just gibberish. My guess is that it's a language. My speakers at work suck, so I can't really tell. I also don't want to be blasting music up to the boss :)

It goes a little something like this…

DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN / NAAL OK ZIN LOS VAHRIIN / WAH DEIN VOKUL MAHFAERAAK AHST VAAL / AHRK FIN NOROK PAAL GRAAN / FOD NUST HON ZINDRO ZIN / DOVAHKIIN FAH HIN KOGAAN MU DRAAL /

AHRK FIN KEL LOST PRODAH / DO VED VIING KO FIN KRAH / TOL FOD ZEYMAH WIN KEIN MEYZ FUNDEIN / ALDUIN FEYN DO JUN / KRUZIIK VOKUN STAADNAU / VOTH AAN BAHLOK WAH DIIVON FIN LEIN

(The first paragraph is sung in the song; the second is not.)

Translation:

DRAGONBORN DRAGONBORN / BY HIS HONOR IS SWORN / TO KEEP EVIL FOREVER AT BAY / AND THE FIERCEST ROUT / WHEN THEY HEAR TRIUMPH'S HONOR / DRAGONBORN FOR YOUR BLESSING WE PRAY

AND THE SCROLLS HAVE FORTOLD / OF BLACK WINGS IN THE COLD / THAT WHEN BROTHERS WAGE WAR COME UNFURLED / ALDUIN BANE OF KINGS / ANCIENT SHADOW UNBOUND / WITH A HUNGER TO SWALLOW THE WORLD

At least that's what I was told by someone who sounded as if he knew what he was talking about. He said it was based on GI -- wwords on the back cover, plus info that allowed you to translate them.

Sounds feasible, and thanks for the feedback. I'm much too lazy to look for answers myself :)

Back
Top Bottom