Kingdom Come - Interview @ Red Bull

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Red Bull's Ben Sillis of published a new interview with Warhorse Studios co-founder, and Game Director Dan Vávra about his new RPG game Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Hi Dan, tell us what’s been happening since we last spoke: what’s the current status of the game?

A lot has been happening. The team is three times bigger since our Kickstarter ended. We went to full-scale production, we released playable tech alpha for our backers, we raised another half million dollars on our own website and of course the game has made a huge leap forward. We have implemented tons of new game mechanics, our combat system is finally becoming more than a clumsy prototype, something actually playable and enjoyable. Our AI team has built one of the most robust artificial intelligence systems used in a game, we’ve started to work on quests and the world is getting bigger and bigger.

It’s been more than a year since you launched the Kickstarter. What’s changed in your vision during that time, and why? Have you had to remove anything?

We are setting priorities for each mechanism and asset, so in case we will be behind schedule, we will remove tasks that have the lowest priority or we will just simplify them. That means, that we didn’t remove anything, we just gave some things lower priority. We will see!

What’s new in the game that you didn’t plan to include originally?

We have a ton of work to do, so it’s not a good idea to add something on top of it, but we did. Since our graphics department seems to be doing okay, they decided to make the game world a little bit larger. There’s going to be one extra location spanning a few extra square kilometres. It also seems that the gameplay time might be longer than we promised, if we manage to finish all the side quests we plan to have. I mean it could be as much as 10-20 extra gameplay hours.
More information.

I cant wait to play episode one, but I think it will miss the 2015 launch date. So what do you guys think will it released on time, or be delayed like other kickstarter games?o_O

I think it'll be delayed. From all I've read they're very passionate about their baby and don't want to rush it in an flawed state. Plus they have a very rich private investor who I guess would bridge a financial bottleneck.

Definitely Q1 or Q2 2016. Dan said it already in november that it is probably. The game is huge and they are not willing to release it unfinished.

Back
Top Bottom