Name that game!

The Wogosmiester gets the cookie :cookie:

That game had some interesting contests with people making their own skins for the characters. Before that game I thought the only defintion for skin was that stuff around your muscles :D

@skavenhorde: Albion.

Loved the game, didn't finish it because I had a disk crash and no backup. *bangs head at monitor*. My daughter did.

Ok, enough messing around. *cracks knuckles*

Time for my secret weapon, Im going to post one of the worst.

If you get this one, JDR, I'll eat my hat. I dont normally wear hats, but Im sure i can get one.

Attachments

• S4.jpg
    S4.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 78
  • S13.jpg
    S13.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 79
@skavenhorde: Albion.

Loved the game, didn't finish it because I had a disk crash and no backup. *bangs head at monitor*. My daughter did.

You are correct sir!

@Sammy without cheating I know I've seen that one. It looks like a bad Diablo clone that I passed on buying a few years ago or more likely a decade ago.

I know I'm probably way off, but is it Clan.

You get to keep your hat for now Sammy.

The only thing I could ascertain from those pics is that I probably wouldn't want to play it. :lol:

That's a relief. I was worried we were going to have to call for photographic proof from Sammy. ;)

Here's a pic of a game which had several nice features. Unfortunately they were badly executed.

Attachments

• gamepic1.jpg
    gamepic1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 72
It sorta reminds me of that game from Origin, bio....something or another. I never bought that one and the box shots didn't have a screen with 4 different viewpoints, so it's probably not that one.

The only game with 4 viewpoints that I know of is Space Hulk and I know that's not it. I don't think they have Space Marines named Dan or Peech :)

A tricky one, eh? No, it's neither Space Hulk nor Bioforge, although it did have some similarities with the (earlier) Space Hulk. No, this was an attempt at a genre that would later bring us SWAT 3 and Rainbow Six. The split command screen was optional - your marines would follow you if you didn't order them away. Another specialty of this game were interactive FMVs: you could switch viewpoints during certain FMVs which could give you additional clues about the plot. The third specialty were game-stopping bugs. Oh yes, and it contained nudity (but I might be mistaken here... it probably was only hinted at and never really shown).
Anyway... let's just admire its, erm, admirable graphics:

Attachments

• gamepic2.jpg
    gamepic2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 65
Sorry about that, Sammy. I didn't realize till after I posted that you wanted JDR to try and get it. Though, I serioulsy didn't think it was Clans. That was just a shot in the dark.

@Jaz

You got me stumped. I even cheated and googled/searched moby games still nothing. Maybe someone else knows this one.

Still think it looks a lot like Bioforge :)

I´ve no idea what jaz´s game is but it reminded me of another rather interesting, though probably too easy to guess, one:

9qe25z.png

Hired Guns. Yeah, I thought about that one as well.

Mine is rather obscure, admitted. It wasn't multiplayer like Hired Guns, though, it was single player with three bot mates you could send on sub-missions via waypointing. Name of the game is Mortal Coil... my copy was probably the only one they ever sold :).

EDIT

Here's another of my old favorites. Had to edit something out of the first pic.

Attachments

• gamepic4.jpg
    gamepic4.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 38
  • greenman.jpg
    greenman.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Well the quote is from Aliens. The nuke the site form orbit one.

Mine is rather obscure, admitted. It wasn't multiplayer like Hired Guns, though, it was single player with three bot mates you could send on sub-missions via waypointing. Name of the game is Mortal Coil... my copy was probably the only one they ever sold :).

EDIT

Here's another of my old favorites. Had to edit something out of the first pic.

Mortal Coil was it any good? It looks interesting.

I had a hard time with those split screens in Space Hulk. Just couldn't wrap my mind around 4 different viewpoints. 2 I'm ok with, but 4 is pushing it. Did you use those split screens a lot or just kept to one screen in MC.

Anyways, for your next one this one is easy. I absolutely loved this game. Played it over and over and over again. Cyberstorm is the absolute best mech game ever. It blows that real-time Mech Commander game out of the water. Too bad the second one sucked.

No, Mortal Coil wasn't any good*. Show-stopping bugs**, horrible voice-acting, and most of the neat things (like the waypointing system) were unnecessary or badly executed. Which is too bad because it might have been a decent game, but having interactive cutscenes just isn't enough.
And no, I hardly used waypointing and split screen because it wasn't an important part of gameplay, and my stupid team mates got themselves killed all the time once they were out on their own (think of the Rogue Spear games - I managed to get through most missions of those by parking my men right at level start and doing it all by myself, using Maldini to sneak around enemies. That guy was inaudible even when running in full battle gear! And if I ever actually needed help, I used a guy for backup whose bio said that he was from my hometown ;) ).

Cyberstorm, on the other hand... you're so right. The best mecha game ever, and probably the best game in the whole Earthsiege franchise. Why, oh why did they have to butcher the sequel so badly? Another of the few I couldn't finish. Difficulty was extremely high - I couldn't even get past the first mission. And they dropped the storytelling-by-hints-and-mission-files which made the first game so good.

Back
Top Bottom