Any Grimoire news?

Nutman

Watcher
GIdday, has anyone heard anything about Grimoire lately. The last post on the website was early October about combat being fully loaded.

cheers
Nutman

I'm not saying that it's going to be released, but he does have until December 21st.

He doesn't need to do a beta. He just needs to get over his paranoia and release it. I doubt he ever will though. This game has taken on a Duke Nukem Forever vibe. The only way for this game to get released is for someone else to get control of the IP and release it. That's never going to happen so it'll just be another of the thousands if not tens of thousands vaporware titles out there.

I really wish he would just shut up. Release it or don't just stop teasing everyone. Reminds me of Charlie Brown and Lucy football scenes. He holds the game and we run over to get it and then *yoink* pulls it away.

I know they went under and it's being released. That's why I said that the only way Grimoire is going to ever be released is if someone else gets the IP :p

Last edited:
It's impossible to get Cleve's "intellectual property" as that's an oxymoron. Cleve and intellectual is like honest and politician. They just don't go together, except in his fantasy world. Cleve as a person AND developer is the biggest joke on the internet. I hope he never releases it because then we'd have to find another loser to make us laugh. I don't think he plans on ever releasing it either, because he knows his 15 minutes of fame/infamy are over if he does.

It's impossible to get Cleve's "intellectual property" as that's an oxymoron. Cleve and intellectual is like honest and politician. They just don't go together, except in his fantasy world. Cleve as a person AND developer is the biggest joke on the internet. I hope he never releases it because then we'd have to find another loser to make us laugh. I don't think he plans on ever releasing it either, because he knows his 15 minutes of fame/infamy are over if he does.

Bitter much?

Someone starts up new Grimoire thread.
Someone say it won't come out. Some people agree.
A few people are angry at the developer for some reason who decided he didn't want to release his own game, but played a bit too much with people's emotions even though most people haven't seen anything they seem to expect a great game.
Other people get angry at those people, WWIII starts and then Corwin pops in saying he has the beta and could release it if he wanted to, but he won't because of his principles and integrity.
Some people beg him to. He says no. Some people get angry, others resign.
Thread dies.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Bitter much?

Nope, I find him utterly entertaining. It's like watching "stupid people tricks", it just never gets old for me :) You know they're going to fail, but watching the process is great fun.

Waiting for Godot, anyone?

UNICOWS.DLL

Right click on it -> properties -> version,
and then inspect the entry "internal name" of the DLL ... ;)

Anyone ever hear anything real or tangible about the state of the game?

Screenshots (from one of the latest build, I guess, though they don´t look much different from 1997 beta :)):
http://grimoiresystems.com.au/goldenera/?page_id=10

Nothing tangible in regards to the actual gameplay/mechanics implementation, but those screenshots make it look like there could potentially be a complex, rich on features dungeon crawl in the vein of Wizardry 7 attached to them.
I´d play it.

Anyway, release is probably not further than month away, so..

Screenshots (from one of the latest build, I guess, though they don´t look much different from 1997 beta :)):
http://grimoiresystems.com.au/goldenera/?page_id=10

Nothing tangible in regards to the actual gameplay/mechanics implementation, but those screenshots make it look like there could potentially be a complex, rich on features dungeon crawl in the vein of Wizardry 7 attached to them.
I´d play it.

Anyway, release is probably not further than month away, so..

Yeah, it looks pretty good for an indie.

I'd definitely check it out :)

Thanks for info...

It looked good back when I saw it at RPGdot too. It's always looked and sounded good. That's the problem though. It always just "looked" and "sounded" good.

The cynic in me is just waiting for Cleve to find one tiny little nothing problem that means he'll rewrite the damn thing from the start.

The optimist in me hopes he really is going to release it just like Charlie Brown always hopes that Lucy will finally keep the ball on the ground.

So he I go "CHAAAAARRRRGGGGEEEE" We'll just have to see whether I fall on my back or kick that sucker to the moon ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom