Morrowind - Overhaul v2.0 Released

Amazing list of upgrades, changes and fixes. thanks MO Team! :party:

I installed it , it can not work in my computer , i loaded a game where my character is in this Orc Pelagia Manor and it was kind of slow , after i got out (in freaking Pelagia) the game became a powerpoint presentation . This is a crap project and definitely i am not spending 1-2 hours to fix the settings.

I installed it , it can not work in my computer , i loaded a game where my character is in this Orc Pelagia Manor and it was kind of slow , after i got out (in freaking Pelagia) the game became a powerpoint presentation . This is a crap project and definitely i am not spending 1-2 hours to fix the settings.
So, just because it doesn't work for you and/or you don't have the computer horsepower to run it properly, it's crap. Sheesh! Kinda harsh, don't you think?

I can't wait till I have the time to do a full replay of Morrowind with this.
Same here. Maybe need to install an additional mod that reduces the number of cliff racers and their aggro range, though (if it isn't already included). Have killed enough cliff racers in Morrowind to last several lifetimes, thank you very much.

So, just because it doesn't work for you and/or you don't have the computer horsepower to run it properly, it's crap. Sheesh! Kinda harsh, don't you think?

It isn't about my computer , at the start of the installation it asked me if i have more than 2gb of ram , i clicked "yes" (i have 3gb) then proceed and suddenly i was asked if i have at least 4gb of ram , i clicked "no" and then a window opened and i had to set up everything by myself without any feedback. I had to check what i thought would have the least impact in performance and will not trigger a "do you have at least 8gb of ram" message . I know those guys are just moders but this is some very poor job , also the menus are freaking red and Pelagia looked washed out , if all this mod does is making the game look worst than original unless "you have at least 4gb of ram" then this isn't for me.

edit: Ah i also have picked the correct settings for my cpu/gpu at the start of the installation , so the program shouldn't have to ask me again and again about my machine.

This is a graphics overhaul only so doesn't have content or game changes. If you are having issues maybe you should go to the thread on the Morrowind mod forum to see if you can get help. Doing what this does is usually a long and complicated process so it probably would still be somewhat complicated even with this.

PS. It normally can take from weeks, to months, and even years to setup a proper Morrowind plus heavily modded installation manually; so you are getting off easy with this.

PPS. At least you don't have to edit mods to get them working together.

It's clearly stated in the install guide that MGSO is meant to be used on a clean install of Morrowind.

PS. It normally can take from weeks, to months, and even years to setup a proper Morrowind plus heavily modded installation manually

I think you're exaggerating just a tad. ;)

It isn't about my computer , at the start of the installation it asked me if i have more than 2gb of ram , i clicked "yes" (i have 3gb) then proceed and suddenly i was asked if i have at least 4gb of ram , i clicked "no" and then a window opened and i had to set up everything by myself without any feedback. I had to check what i thought would have the least impact in performance and will not trigger a "do you have at least 8gb of ram" message . I know those guys are just moders but this is some very poor job , also the menus are freaking red and Pelagia looked washed out , if all this mod does is making the game look worst than original unless "you have at least 4gb of ram" then this isn't for me.

edit: Ah i also have picked the correct settings for my cpu/gpu at the start of the installation , so the program shouldn't have to ask me again and again about my machine.

Oh wow, boo hoo....it's a free mod, that you can't figure out. Maybe upgrade your computer....

I'm on an earlier version (1.3 I think) and I'm about 35 hours in. Certain areas get down to around 18FPS but in general it is very playable. This mod breaths life into the old girl. It is hardly a 'crap project'. Spending 1-2 hours to set it up properly for your 50+ hour play through seems like a good investment to me?

I'm on an earlier version (1.3 I think) and I'm about 35 hours in. Certain areas get down to around 18FPS but in general it is very playable. This mod breaths life into the old girl. It is hardly a 'crap project'. Spending 1-2 hours to set it up properly for your 50+ hour play through seems like a good investment to me?

Totally agree with Todd, I set up the 1.3 version using the You Tube instruction video, took about an hour and has run great since.

This was just the graphics and sound patch. You should wait till they release the second "gameplay experience" patch. It has tons of new content:
Dialogues:OK
Djangos Dialogue
Persuasion response expansion
Less Generic Bloodmoon
Less Generic Tribunal
Nudity Greeting Expansion
Quick NOTE: LGNPC won't be included because of its complexity. (Not sure about that, because I got all the permissions, but I'll see)

Interacion with NPCs:OK
NPC Functionality

Beginning of the game:OK
Nerevar say Nerevar (Optional, a good idea is to use it with NoM or Morrowind Crafting)
Immersive chargen (Optional)

Character Development:OK
Galsiah's Character Development (Optional)
Training Limits

Vital Activities:OK
Morrowind Crafting (Optional)
Necessities of Morrowind (Optional)

Companions:OK
NONE yet.
NOTE: I had Julan in the list, but the author doesn't want it to be included.

Factions:
Service requirements (BTB Edit)
Antares’ Big Mod (+ Go To Jail + You’re Being Robbed)
Strict Factions
What Thieves guild?
Nastier Camonna Tong
To serve Sithis
War against Dark Brotherhood
Rise of House Telvanni
Uvirith's Legacy
Building up Uvirith's Legacy
Grandmaster of Hlaalu
Welcome to the Arena!

Main Quest Expansion:
Great House Dagoth
The tribe unmourned
Vivec's fate: The Ashlander heresy
Antares' Tribunal Main quest (Optional)
Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins (+ Great House Dagoth Patch)

Creatures:
Cait's Critters Unleashed (Optional)
Cait's Squirrels (Optional)
Abot where are all birds going?
Abot water life (Optional)
Cait's Cats (Optional)
Morrowind advanced (BTB Edit)
CreaturesX (Optional)
Antares' Creatures
Undeads - Skeletons arise from death - Mummies arise from death
Real wildlife

NPC/PC Animations/Activities:
Children of Morrowind (Optional)
Hold it
Animated Morrowind (+expanded) (Optional)
Animated Morrowind 2 (Optional)
Traveling merchants
Animation compilation (Optional)
Living cities of Vvardenfell (Optional)

Homes:OK
Homes To Let

New NPCs:OK
Starfire NPC Additions (Optional)

Shops:
DaveHumprey's Furniture Store
Armor Mannequin
Scissors and Thimbles (Optional)
Hilgya the seamstress (Optional)
POTD paintings
Morrowind Toy Shoppee (Optional)

Weapons And Armors:
Duke Silver Armor
Imperial Silver Armor
Morag Tong Armor
Dragonscale Armor
Netch Leather Resource
Imperial Chain Armor Resource
Dreugh Armor Set Resource
Nordic Trollbone Armor Resource
HELLUVA Awesome Armor (Completion Set Only, and some armors deleted)

Books:OK
Helluva Bountiful Books
Books of Vvardenfell
Oblivion and LGNPC Books

Travelling:
All destinations (Optional)
Economy Adjuster (BTB Edit, just some parts: largely replaced by BTB Game Improvements)
Abot's Boats
Abot's Gondoliers
Abot's Silt Striders

Redesigned Locations:
More detailed places
Museum of artifacts improved
Dockside clutter
Fort Frostmoth expanded
Imperial Graves of Morrowind
I'm testing right now the Trancemaster's new cities, probably I will have to do some compatibility patches for them.

Dungeons:
The Neverhalls
The Forgotten halls

Game Corrections:
Murderous dreams
Decorator (Optional)
Antares' little mods

Misc:
Holiday mod (Optional)
The Raven
NazoX9's guards
Puzzly Puzzle canal

Game Balance:
BTB's Game Improvements
Taddeus' Balanced Weapons

Gameplay Balance:
Health fix
Tempus fugit ring (Optional)
Faster (Optional)
Lockpick slave bracers

Fighting System:
There will be two fighting systems: Action and Non-Action. We are experimenting them, so I can't post them now.

Stealth:
Sneaking realism
Kirel's sneak attack
Alchemical warfare
Thief's disguise kit (Maybe)

Magic/Alchemy:
Graphic herbalism
At Home Alchemy
Scripted Spells
Elemental magicka

A.I.:OK
NPC Enhanced + MWSE Patch
Pursuit Enhanced

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1211599-wipz-morrowind-overhaul-game-experience/page__st__120
I modded morrowind personally few years back and I recognice many of those mods. I was never able to make that many mods work together though.

Back
Top Bottom