The TV Series discussion thread

I really liked the last scene with the ships.

So did I, but I also found it somewhat confusing. I don't understand how Lord Varys was with them in that scene. Either he's mastered the art of teleportation, or he has a twin brother. :)

I thought the tower flashback was the most powerful scene though. If it was up to me, I would have saved that for last.

So did I, but I also found it somewhat confusing. I don't understand how Lord Varys was with them in that scene. Either he's mastered the art of teleportation, or he has a twin brother. :)

This is not '24', time can pass between a scene and the next. Varys went to Dorne to assure an alliance and a place to land the fleet, then he sailed back to deliver the news (not shown since nothing of note happened on the way). Now he's sailing back with Daenerys.

The red witch picked the wrong Baratheon. Not the wrong Targaryen.
That's what I think, but what should I know, by reading all these spoilers over the board I'd think they've resurrected Sean Bean in the finale. :p

I just figured Varys had transporter tech or something. In the book should a similar trip happen, it will consume 800 pages for the trip alone. Believe that.

BTW after rewatching the episode, it occurs to me that Arya is well positioned to eliminate at least three more people off her kill list. All three of them earned her ire by what they did to Gendry, and I don't believe a girl will forget them.

It would have been better if Sansa was the queen in the north then we would have had the war of the three (five?) Queens! Cerse, Dany and Sansa (plus Ellaria in Dorn and Olenna in highgarden)

Even then its bit odd make Jon the king in the north I think. At this point in his character arc, he seems to wants to die ...

When he meets the dragon queen, I think Jon will have no problem living again. But before that happens, I want Melisandre and Arya to meet again, because the priestess said it would happen, and if it does, I believe it won't work out so well for her.

See the Connections Behind Ned’s Promise With This Infographic

warning: spoilers if you haven't seen the latest episode.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/got-connections-ned-promise-tower-of-joy-infographic

Did *anyone* else just get the feeling that Jon was being an emotional idiot and let his people down because he allowed himself to fall for the tropiest of tropes?

Anyone?

I like GoT but the writing is... not exactly spectacular since they've gotten away from the books; let's be honest.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I just figured Jon lost half his intellect or more while dead, I totally expected him to fall for it. Having to thank Petyr was probably punishment enough. If the show was more similar to the books you'd need a three hour long post show to explain it all to 98% of the viewers.

Did *anyone* else just get the feeling that Jon was being an emotional idiot and let his people down because he allowed himself to fall for the tropiest of tropes?

Anyone?

I like GoT but the writing is… not exactly spectacular since they've gotten away from the books; let's be honest.

Jon has been an emotional idiot thought the show i think... in the books also.

That's true, Jon is also quite headstrong in the books as well as on the tv. Robb Stark could be impulsive, as was Ned, but both were capable of stepping back and rethinking about a situation, Jon rarely if ever does such a thing. It could be further proof of which other family blood also flows through his veins.

Like father, like son (black hair).

I'm a huge fan of the books and it still seemed… idiotic and out of character for Jon Snow. I don't know. He risked the lives of all his men to rush to aid of a doomed brother?

Maybe I'm way too old and pragmatic. ;)
Not really, don't you remember when he learned of Ned Stark's death? He decided to leave the night's watch to join Robb, ignoring the fact they would hunt him down and kill him. He may be a great warrior, but he's really stupid, always has been.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom