Steam curation

Great, though I think we should keep this thread limited to the RPGWatch curation list, which HiddenX takes care off (very well I might add)

Added

Siralim

Oldchool rogue-like, summon and farm creatures with looted resources, randomized dungeons, play forever, get 310 achievements, nice music & pixel art!

199 games

Added

To the Moon
Oldschool Adventure in retro 16-bit gfx style. The wonderful story can be exciting, funny and sometimes sad. A piece of art with charming characters!

200 games

-> GogMix

Last edited:
South Park: Stick of Truth? Or am I the only one that enjoyed that?

Nope. I liked it too. Anyone who likes the t.v, series can't fail to like the game because it is SO South Park. Its only glaring flaw 'as a game' is that it is too short. Having paid full price I was left disappointed at the end despite the fact that it was a blast. Like a theme park ride.

Re. The logo suggestions I really like the cloudwatch pic as it was originally posted. It is more modern but retains the 'brand' perfectly. IMO all the others are terrible. Re. the curator list I would axe about half of what Hidden added as not being an RPG - I think of myself as more demanding whilst he considers my approach less "eclectic". :biggrin:

*edit* it's quite annoying that the descriptions Steam allows him are as short as they are. I'm all for brevity but they are severely limiting.

Last edited:
@MrMuse

a list dedicated to mostly 'pure' RPGs already exists - we don't need two of them.

More pictures for RPGWatch are in this thread.
But I'm not sure if we should change an established logo.

Oh I can't argue for 'pure' since there are far too many RPGs with tactical turn based mechanics. But some of your inclusions such as point and click adventures, platformers with RPG elements, almost anything with procedural generation, and visual novel in their description are really pushing the envelope. But hey that's JUST my opinion. To your credit you almost always state these things in your short description and use the term "RPG elements" fairly often. When it comes to JRPGs I'm with you all the way - I don't see much of a distinction. And yet you refused my suggestion of Fallout 3/ Fallout New Vegas (stating "it's more of a FPS adventure") - which imo is more of an RPG than many you have included. Truth be told F3 is pretty much Skyrim in a different setting.

Hmm, I've lost touch a little then, my bad..but that is what you originally told me.

As to the logo's, I was thinking to allow registered users to change skins, where the different skins have different logo's. Just 2 or perhaps 3 of them would be selected.

MrMuse, if you'd like a list that is entirely RPG with the occasional strategy game, then feel free to check out my Steam Curation list as well. I cover everything RPG with a bit of strategy mixed in as well.

Link is in the signature. =)

Added

Brütal Legend
Unique Action, Adventure, Sandbox & RTS mix. Great characters, lots of Metal, Gothic & Industrial music, humor in spades - this game just rocks!
206 games

(currently -80% on Steam)

Added

Invisible Inc.
An intense turn-based tactical stealth game. Choices matter in this espionage title, choose your agents, implants, weapons and tactics. Nerve-wrecking!

-> GogMix

207 games

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom