Risen - City Life Trailer

I think that looks alot better than previous trailers graphically speaking. Textures for the buildings look higher resolution.

I think the game looks pretty good. Hope it runs as smoothly on my machine as it does in the video.

Looks like they going back to old gothic scale and proportion...guess I can breath again :)

Looks very much like Gothic, only brighter. Why are those gnomes in every single trailer?

Why are those gnomes in every single trailer? - because they don't have "an-home" to go to. :lol:

but seriously, i downloaded and watched the full screen video, it ran very smooth and looks great. The cartoony effects (rim lighting etc) are noticeable in comparison to the gritty gothic environments we've been used to. The music was especially clear through my 2+1 system.

Those nasty boars are there again, the moths remind me of the blood-flies, the gnomes/hobbits are a new PB twist, we can only hope they fit in well to the storyline.

all in all. not bad at at all.

they even have to lecture stands again :p
And the cities are just as lively as it was in Gothci. Damn I am almost drooling :p

Oh my, gothicy type goodnesss, I'm so down with this game. I feel sorry for any game I'm playing when Risen comes out because that game will take a second seat.

Looks promising.
Those gnomes are starting to intrigue me, that´s for sure.
Now roll on some dialogue examples!

Will the gnomes be real npcs or just creatures like orcs? that is what I want to know.
And if they are npc, can you befriend them?

I believe I've already seen this vid somewhere, or maybe just most of the scenes in it. Indeed, it looks promising, although at one moment I felt a slight G3 vibe that I didn't like, but that's irrational thinking, I suppose.

@titus: I think I heard that the gnomes are going to be NPC-like.

The textures looked muddy, not very high res or they were in a bad need of more anti-aliasing. Good enough to play and enjoy mind you, just a little last generation.

Can we get a shot of the character page and inventory system? I've found a great indicator of how good a game is going to play is a screenshot of it's inventory/character page. Mostly I'm just scared of a repeat of the Gothic 2 inventory.

That and a fight video, please no Gothic 3 hyper-wolves or single file orcs.

PB seems to have a history of getting a game 90% right and dropping the ball on a different 10% every game they create.

Back
Top Bottom