The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

With Reywind out, will we be running our Friday toons or alts?

The planw as to get the level 19 Friday toon people up to level 20 so they can take the level. However, Reywind is the one needing XP the most and he is away. I think he is a rank away from level. It's not that fun running stuff for XP alone at heroic elite levels close to 20 so I guess Reywind would appreciate that we hold on the 20's. Corwin can check with him for sure.

I only have epic alts. Haven't TR'ed my arti yet. I still await a go ahead to TR so we can start running the new Friday group when we feel like it.

My toons are epic at the moment so my most likely toon will be my level 26 paladin to run with. I have a level 24 cleric if we decide to run low level epic stuff and think about bravery bonus.

There is still some hours till playing so if we know the new group will start soon (like this weekend for some of us). Then I could TR ahead of the run time. However, most of the already TR'ed toons have already finished Korthos and reached level 3.

I don't think we can begin the new TR group until everyone, including JM is available. Hopefully we can split today and run an heroic and an epic group. You know which one I'd be joining!! :)

So in other words it is mass chaos today as usual? I will just jump on ts and see who to bring in when it get closer to time.

FYI, my hubby's laptop's hard drive is making ugly bearing noises, so I'm out of commission until we get it replaced. Jhianna just hit 29, but I won't be able to play & get her to 30 until this is fixed. I also am not sure I'll be on this Friday. TBD.

I hope you have everything backed up; losing a HD can be very annoying when it goes suddenly. Trust you get it replaced quickly.

My media drive has been making those noises for a year. :p I have a replacement already, but I'm waiting until it dies.

U31 Patch #3 is hitting the servers tomorrow, so make sure to update before game time Friday.

The patch includes:

A fix for an enhancement that was causing decreased game performance.
The addition (for real this time) of Bigby's Pointing Fingers and PRR/MRR potions in the DDO Store.
The implementation of a 50 mail limit per character in the in-game mail system. Players with more than 50 mails will be unable to send mail or post/bid in the auction houses. This is being done to improve game performance. The improvement will be seen when players reduce the size of their inboxes. At this time we are not deleting mail.

My guess is that in a month or two, we'll start seeing mail boxes cleaned out, so if you're currently using the mail box as temporary storage, might consider rolling up a few more mules.

I think that if a hard disk is starting to make ugly noises then it's about to die so a quick backup is needed. Getting a replacement asap would be a good idea. Until the backup is taken the PC shouldn't be used.

I had a hard drive that made such noises and 2 days after the sound appeared it refused to be read. Actually the PC refused to boot until the drive was physically disconnected. Fortunately for me it was the drive I used to backup data that was broken. Not my regular data disk. So I lost nothing. When I got it out of the PC I shook the drive and heard loose parts inside. So something physically broke.

if the disk is just a data disk then replacing it should be easy. If it's the OS disk then it's quite a bit more work. I have an external drive I plug into the USB to use as a intermediary when I transfer data between internal hard drives and don't have room for both at the same time.

Yep, backup is on the agenda, as soon as I can get the portable backup drive upstairs. Unfortunately I've been out of commission since the weekend, so it's taking longer than I would like. In the meantime, hubby is using it as little as possible, & I'm not using it at all (so blame any typos on my trying to write messages on a tiny phone screen … ugh). Since I still don't have access to a PC, I won't be on Friday. Earliest we could get one here would be next week.

I've got a couple of alternatives scoped out, but my preferred unit only has 2 GB v-ram. That's fine for my hubby, who's most demanding activity is screening short videos for his Sunday school class (he is not a gamer). But I'm concerned if that will be enough to run ddo till I can get to my own PC. Thoughts?

I've run it on 2 GB, but 4 would be better. Hope everyone gets their machines running smoothly ASAP, you know I don't care much for Epics!! :)

Problem with RPG Watch security certificate

I'm getting warnings on 3 different browsers that there is a problem with RPG Watch's security certificate.

Send a message to Myrthos, only he can fix it when it happens. There is nothing really wrong with the site.

Great, I think a few might be MIA this week, so we hopefully can be fairly flexible to fit in with what you have.

When I started playing DDO, I had 2GB of DDR2 shared between the OS and an Intel GMA Series 4 integrated GPU. I had to run on low settings, but I did so without major issues. Yes, it was well below spec, but back when I bought it, my main concern was not gaming. I had given up on the hobby, at least for PC, and was just using it for old games and internet stuff. I still wouldn't mind a more modern laptop again, but the issue is my cats tend to be destructive.

Having 2 GB of dedicated video memory should be fine, heck that's what my computer has (2gb of DDR5 V-ram but still). I think 4gb of video memory would be overkill for DDO, even with the upgrades (if you want to call it that) through the years.

Thanks much to everyone for the advice. I went with the 2gb video ram laptop, as I think that will be better for my hubby, who will be the main user. It will unfortunately not be here till the 6th, but it all goes well I'll be able to handle stairs by next Fri. So fingers crossed :)

Sales & Specials + Buddy Weekend for XP

Specials for this week include:

• 30% off Select Adventure Packs & Quest XP (thru 30th)
  • 50% off Healing Items (thru 26th)
  • Buddy Weekend +10% XP Per Party Member (not including raids) (thru 26th)
  • 50% off Healing Items (thru 26th)
There may be other items on sale (there were last week or the week before), but I'm not in-game to look for them.

New Items in Store (not sure how long they'll be there, but they may be permanent)
  • Monster Manual VII
  • Bigby's Guiding Hand (way overpriced if it's a 1-time use item)
  • Long Lasting Potions of 10 Magical Resistance
  • Long Lasting Potions of 10 Physical Resistance

The last 2 items last for 1 hour, last through death & rests & cannot be dispelled. I could make a snarky comment here, but I'm resisting. ;)

I've gotten a couple of the PRR pots in silver rolls. TBH, it's barely noticeable that it's there. Definitely not something I would spend money on. MM7 however is well worth the cost, just for the bonus xp every life.

I may be a little late today and Reywind will not be playing this week. If I am late, I shouldn't be too long, it's a church matter that needs to be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom