Skyrim - Dovahzaan Mod Interview @ RPG Italia

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I hadn't actually heard of this before RPG Italia wrote to us but the setup is interesting - Atomic Cafe is a group of industry professionals working on a Skyrim mod titled Dohahzaan. RPG Italia has an interview and I'll start with the mod group because of the unusual circumstances:
Johnnie Estill: First, a little bit about who I am and what The ATOMIC Café is:
I’m a game designer and artist with 11 years of professional experience in the video game industry. The ATOMIC Cafe is a team of video game professionals that include artists, designers, sound engineers, writers and professional voice actors that are dedicated to making Great Mods for Great games.

The ATOMIC Café consists of professional game developers that have worked and or are working, in the video game industry and film for such companies as Blizzard Entertainment, Double Helix Games, id Software, inXile Entertainment, LucasArts, EA Games, Weta Digital, Sony Pictures and Activision. We are also dedicated Elder Scrolls fans that are combining our talents and experience in the video game industry to make a major add-on quest to TESV: SKYRIM based on the Lore of The Elder Scrolls. I’m always being asked “How can you possibly be creating a mod when the game hasn’t even come out yet?”
Because one thing that I have learned in my many years of working and in teaching college in and for the video game industry, you have to have a significant amount of time to do post production. This includes concept art, story, dialog…etc. Dovahzaan (Dragon Shout). Is a game mod by The ATOMIC Cafe that is currently in pre-production.

The ATOMIC Café consists of professional game developers that have worked and or are working, in the video game industry and film for such companies as Blizzard Entertainment, Double Helix Games, id Software, inXile Entertainment, LucasArts, EA Games, Weta Digital, Sony Pictures and Activision. We are also dedicated Elder Scrolls fans that are combining our talents and experience in the video game industry to make a major add-on quest to TESV: SKYRIM based on the Lore of The Elder Scrolls. I’m always being asked “How can you possibly be creating a mod when the game hasn’t even come out yet?”
Because one thing that I have learned in my many years of working and in teaching college in and for the video game industry, you have to have a significant amount of time to do post production. This includes concept art, story, dialog…etc. Dovahzaan (Dragon Shout). Is a game mod by The ATOMIC Cafe that is currently in pre-production.

<div style="overflow: hidden; position: absolute; top: -5000px; height: 1px;">The ATOMIC Café consists of professional game developers that have worked and or are working, in the video game industry and film for such companies as Blizzard Entertainment, Double Helix Games, id Software, inXile Entertainment, LucasArts, EA Games, Weta Digital, Sony Pictures and Activision. We are also dedicated Elder Scrolls fans that are combining our talents and experience in the video game industry to make a major add-on quest to TESV: SKYRIM based on the Lore of The Elder Scrolls. I’m always being asked “How can you possibly be creating a mod when the game hasn’t even come out yet?”
Because one thing that I have learned in my many years of working and in teaching college in and for the video game industry, you have to have a significant amount of time to do post production. This includes concept art, story, d...More information.

Sounds good I wil be keeping my eye on it. Hopefully it will be fully translated in English unlike that other huge oblivion mod I wont name.

That is REALLY impressive! It's still 13 months away, though.

Hey guys….Thanks for the comments….The mod is in English. We're here in So Cal….

Thanks I wasn't sure. It sounds good on paper and cant wait to download it.

Last edited:
looks interesting but you do realize there's no chance in hell of bethesda allowing anyone to profit from a mod or dlc.
in fact the only mod i think of in many years to actually cost anything was mysteries of westgate and that simply took to long to come out for me to play, and the fact that even though i own a boxed and steam version of storm of zehir i haven't even played that yet.
don't know much of the elder scrolls lore as i've only played oblivion and skyrim, and despite the books being somewhat of a chore i really enjoyed the lore as it was in skyrim. as gothic marked my reentry back into the crpg world back in the day i thought about getting morrowind but my opinion of it from "thedot" way back when was not good, and the demo i played did not impress me.

looks interesting but you do realize there's no chance in hell of bethesda allowing anyone to profit from a mod or dlc.
in fact the only mod i think of in many years to actually cost anything was mysteries of westgate and that simply took to long to come out for me to play, and the fact that even though i own a boxed and steam version of storm of zehir i haven't even played that yet.
don't know much of the elder scrolls lore as i've only played oblivion and skyrim, and despite the books being somewhat of a chore i really enjoyed the lore as it was in skyrim. as gothic marked my reentry back into the crpg world back in the day i thought about getting morrowind but my opinion of it from "thedot" way back when was not good, and the demo i played did not impress me.

Steams new mod manger for skyrim might allow users to sell mods. Remember thats a might.

We aren't doing it for money.....Many of my friends work at Bethesda and they are excited about it too.

This isn't true…No money will be changing hands for mods created.

Notice I said might. I didnt say it would. It was just a rumor. Thanks for the reply's at least.:embarrassed:

I just got around to reading the article and consider me hyped! It sounds like you've got a nice story to continue my questing. I should have a 1000 hours logged in Skyrim by the time you release :)

Back
Top Bottom