Question for Eastern Europeans

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words
Hey all,

Been off and on a while on forums, working out some personal issues. I'm in desperate need of a change and a new perspective so I have been looking into overseas volunteering. The Peace Corps insists on a very long commitment and quite a long wait, but I have found some teaching overseas programs that appeal to me and are much shorter in both time to serve and departure.

I'm not very enthused about Asia, which is where a lot of them take place. I'm just not into Asian culture very much. I have discovered a good program for Georgia though, on the Russian border in Eastern Europe. I have been reading a lot about the country over the last couple days but if anyone here in Eastern Europe has been to Georgia or can give me general information about that entire area I would welcome it.

All expenses including lodging are paid by the volunteer group. What I am mostly look for is: their treatment of Americans, internet access, electricity reliability, school conditions, how far a $300 US stipend would carry me, etc. etc.

Do you speak Russian?

Back
Top Bottom