Risen Elements that may bother you

:p I find it infinitely amusing :p I'd much prefer dev efforts be put into an engaging storyline, deep backstory, interesting quests, decent conversations, good game mechanics, and an immersive experience. Others worry over the color of a gnomes ass or if they can download a +36 trainer. To each his own………but don't think you won't get challenged on your opinions. Your opinion is not wrong…simply because it is an opinion. It is yours alone, even though others might share it. But it is neither right or wrong…..it is an opinion.

Sadly debate and the full use of the english language elludes…..well it seems to ellude anyone born in the last 3 decades. A verbal spar is just a rewarding as cutting an orc in half…..even more so. As long as you can give and take…and shake hands after a good fight. Today most people will just crawl under their rock and avoid a spirited debate. That is sad :-<

But fear not! I am planning a post which outlines MY opinions and everyone is welcome to fire their shots. I hope everyone has fun :)

Are you aware how obvious it is that you don't actually believe in what you're claiming to believe in, that an opinion is neither wrong or right.

It's incredibly obvious that your own interpretation of the opinions of others, while not only flawed from where I'm sitting, is provoking a reaction from you that's anything but neutral.

You're trying to hide that you consider your opinion to be the right one, and no amount of smoke screen can make that less plain. Nothing wrong with that, but at least come out and say it - instead of pretending to support the idea of opinions being non-objective.

It's incredible how people can pretend to accept the subjective nature of opinions, when they fail utterly to do so in reality.

You are sadly missing the crucial point difference between opinion and debate. An opinion is no more or less than what it is. A debate, however, is another matter. You can debate an opinion, you can debate a guess, you can even debate a fact. The point of an opinion...expressed......is to influence others opinions to agree with yours. If you did not wish to influence other opinions, then you would have remained silent. The point of a debate is to hear different points of view and decide for yourself the merit of any perspective. It does NOT mean you have formed any opinion. Debate is simply the investigation of all prospects, and the enjoyment of the process.

:p I find it infinitely amusing :p I'd much prefer dev efforts be put into an engaging storyline, deep backstory, interesting quests, decent conversations, good game mechanics, and an immersive experience. Others worry over the color of a gnomes ass or if they can download a +36 trainer. To each his own………but don't think you won't get challenged on your opinions. Your opinion is not wrong…simply because it is an opinion. It is yours alone, even though others might share it. But it is neither right or wrong…..it is an opinion.

Sadly debate and the full use of the english language elludes…..well it seems to ellude anyone born in the last 3 decades. A verbal spar is just a rewarding as cutting an orc in half…..even more so. As long as you can give and take…and shake hands after a good fight. Today most people will just crawl under their rock and avoid a spirited debate. That is sad :-<

But fear not! I am planning a post which outlines MY opinions and everyone is welcome to fire their shots. I hope everyone has fun :)

Sounds like you're the only one having fun in this thread. Maybe you should open your own thread if you want to educate people about their opinions.

You just used a quote in which I clearly state I will be making such a post. Does the language suddenly elude you too? I have no desire to educate them about their opinions as I have no equity in those opinions. But i have no problem debating what is said. Do you or this site suddenly have a problem with debate?

That's one way of getting attention…
For a newb with a few posts you might want to STFU and look at my history here and at the "other" site. Not once have I denied helping someone. Gorath, Corwin and the other old timers I'll toy with and joke with. YOU will not get that consideration.

I'm willing to debate points of the game and PB's gaming theory. But make no mistake, I am not willing to ignore smartass newbs wanting attention. It's not something you want, but right now you have it.

For a newb with a few posts you might want to STFU and look at my history here and at the "other" site. Not once have I denied helping someone. Gorath, Corwin and the other old timers I'll toy with and joke with. YOU will not get that consideration.

I'm willing to debate points of the game and PB's gaming theory. But make no mistake, I am not willing to ignore smartass newbs wanting attention. It's not something you want, but right now you have it.

Thank you for your attention, i'm sure to appreciate it. I see i managed to get you to suck a bag of beans up your nose even though i didn't intend to. Relax and take a deep breath. :) I'm sure a newbie such as me has all the world to fear from you.

I thought post counts translated to reputation years ago, it's funny to see some people still holding on to that, not to mention name calling. Did i say you should relax?

You just used a quote in which I clearly state I will be making such a post. Does the language suddenly elude you too? I have no desire to educate them about their opinions as I have no equity in those opinions. But i have no problem debating what is said. Do you or this site suddenly have a problem with debate?

Why would you think anyone here has a problem with debate?

We're commenting on your style that seems to be counterproductive to anything involving fruitful debate.

Whether you want to take that into consideration and think about the possibility of us having a point, is entirely up to you.

I think it's a mistake on your part to think you have some kind of status beyond anyone else that frees you from comments on stuff that might be harmful to sound debate, as that's what I think the majority is seeking here.

It's odd how post count seems to mean the posters' age for some people. Luckily not all, i see. Having 10 posts means i've just found *this* place, not that i'm learning to walk. This isn't my first forum to take part in, and the only thing i see with attitudes like that is hatred and inability to adjust to anything or anyone new. I think that's also a symptom of a mental disorder, i forget which one...

So enough with the newbie flaming, i'm not interested in your ego and experience all over the Great Internet, Uriziel. :)

You are so wise Obi-Wan, yet you have been trapped into arguing with someone on the net. That still amuses me to no end :p Test failed. I'll move on in the hopes of finding a challenge in the next contestant :p

Oh my god, i didn't know it was a test! Might You gracefully permit me to re-try? ;)

You are easily amused.

You are so wise Obi-Wan, yet you have been trapped into arguing with someone on the net. That still amuses me to no end :p Test failed. I'll move on in the hopes of finding a challenge in the next contestant :p

Not that they weren't already rather clear, but I thank you for being honest about your motives - so I can safely categorize you without having doubts.

Categorizations are a human foible. Your admitting to it leaves me no doubt about you ;) Yours was a guess. Mine is now based on fact of your own admission. Fat bucket of fail is your apparent chosen destiny.

I envy you. Wanna swap? It's getting rather difficult to uphold I'm a 'Sleeping Beauty' considering the 102 posts. I was doing fine until Risen came along.

Getting manslaughtered by some random Forum God for a measly 10 posts isn't anything to envy! :)

But i'm happy for Uriziel that he found his inner peace by rising high above the rest of us. I'll just gaze his flight from down here with utter jealousy. :biggrin:

Try as I might, I can't deny that he provides a measure of amusement - though I doubt it's of much benefit seen from a higher vantage point :)

In any case, he did make me take a look at my post number for the first time - and I can't believe I've wasted this much time around here... What's worse - I think at least 75% of those posts are trying to clarify something because what I said was not very popular ;)

Save your curiousity, the jealousy of me will always remain. Sadly the statement about wasted time posting is far too true. Just imagine if the game makers would make a game that we play MORE than talk about.

On a pointless off topic sidenote...Gothic and Homeworld are the only two games ever made. The rest are something else far beneath them we vainly attempt to call a game.

Save your curiousity, the jealousy of me will always remain. Sadly the statement about wasted time posting is far too true. Just imagine if the game makers would make a game that we play MORE than talk about.

On a pointless off topic sidenote…Gothic and Homeworld are the only two games ever made. The rest are something else far beneath them we vainly attempt to call a game.

The thing about amusing trolls is that feeding them isn't all bad ;)

Back
Top Bottom