Fable - Anniversary FAQ And PC Release?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
There's a new FAQ on the Lionhead Studios forums for Fable Anniversary.
Q: Can you be more specific about what exactly is being updated?

A: It was important to us that Fable Anniversary isn't just a simple port, we want it to be up there with the best looking games available on Xbox 360. In order to achieve this vision, we have;

• An entirely new lighting system, powered by Unreal.
  • All new models, textures and materials - leather now actually looks and feels like leather!
  • All new particle fx, to make Fireballs hotter than ever!
  • All new facial and cutscene animation technology to bring even more life to our story sequences!
  • Widescreen support! A 4:3 TV is sooooo 2004, so you can enjoy Fable Anniversary with 16:9 beauty!
  • Also, not forgetting sound! All our audio has been fully remastered for surround sound!
Q: When is Fable Anniversary launching?

A: Fable Anniversary will launch later this year.

Q: Will content from The Lost Chapters be included in Anniversary?

A: Absolutely - all of the content from The Lost Chapters will be included.

Q: Will there be new quests or content?

A: Our intention with Fable Anniversary was to re-capture the game that so many fell in love with and bring it up to date for a modern generation of console gamers. We think the story, quests and gameplay of the original game are what lead to it becoming a critically acclaimed title in 2004, and we've got no intention of changing or adding to that with Anniversary.
Also we get the tyipcal Microsoft answer from Lionhead about a PC release on Gamespot.
"We're not ruling out a PC version, however, nothing is in development at this time,"
More information.

leather now actually looks and feels like leather!

It will be neat to, for the first time ever, feel the leather in a videogame. :p

Looks like a lot of potential and effort spent on a worthless game.

Wonder if they'll improve the save system - I lost interest ineplaying (on PC) as it was never really clear to me when the game saved properly, and when it was just character not quests or whatever. All seemed rather odd, to be honest.

It will be neat to, for the first time ever, feel the leather in a videogame. :p

I can now see all the leather fetishists playing fable.

Wonder if they'll improve the save system - I lost interest ineplaying (on PC) as it was never really clear to me when the game saved properly, and when it was just character not quests or whatever. All seemed rather odd, to be honest.

That's a 'Molyneux' UI experience. You never quite know what the hell is going on. It was that way with a lot of his other games.

And yet it made sense back in the day with games like Syndicate - when we ported that one, even the bugs made sense! Shame really, that everything has to be an experiment these days.

I still remeber my disappointment when Fable finally materialized and failed to be even 1/10th of what was promised. And yet i played through the game at least twice. Ah, the folly of youth. Up to that point, Molyneux had always seemed a bit nuts (but in the best possible way, a bit like say Swen Vincke), but during that time he arguably became the batshit crazy jester, that he is today.

Up to that point, Molyneux had always seemed a bit nuts (but in the best possible way, a bit like say Swen Vincke)...

Comparing Moyneux to Swen is very um, inaccurate. Swen articulates very well and I always manage to be able to follow him. Whenever I listen to Molyneux talk about anything, I get lost in the land of digressions.

A: It was important to us that Fable Anniversary isn't just a simple port, we want it to be up there with the best looking games available on Xbox 360.

So no PC version, then ?

And I guess that it'll be for the brand new XBrother One as well ?

And I guess that it'll be for the brand new XBrother One as well ?

XBrother One. That is awesome and a perfect description. It's downright creepy all the bizarre DRM policies they're going to pursue with that machine.

Coming soon into your neighborhood:

Just to remind you about Escapist's review on already released XBOX version:
With its uncomfortably messy combat, obtuse menu system, and overall awkward controls, Fable Anniversary would have benefited from more than just a visual upgrade. Indeed, the original Fable could have done with a full-on remake that modernized everything, as this is one severely dated action-adventure. Even by the standards of its time, Fable was always a little sloppy, favoring its idealistic ambition of choice and personal narrative over slick, polished gameplay. In today's world, going back to the clumsy original has a tendency to make one cringe.

Back
Top Bottom