KOTOR2 RP: Team Gizka yanks everybody's chain...

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO
Some of you may have noticed that a couple of weeks ago, Dashus of Team Gizka posted a mysterious message with a title "Two weeks..." with only a WHEN IT'S DONE emoticon as the message body. A few more hints were dropped that April 4 would be A Very Big Day.

So, April 4 is here, and Team Gizka released... a trailer, and an update to its Work In Progress page. The joke with the trailer was that (a) it's clearly intended to be the "release" trailer, and (b) it contains a date. Namely, "Summer 2008."

The WIP page was updated to say that the next build would be released to beta testers in "a few days," and after that there would be one more RC build before public release.

IOW, what we learned is...

(1) It aten't dead.
(2) There is no (2), really.

If I ever get into a community project working on something hotly anticipated, remind me NOT to ask Team Gizka to do the PR. They are, of course, entirely free to do whatever they like with the mod, but in my personal, entirely humble opinion they're behaving like assholes.

I'm still keeping an eye on this, on the off-chance that something ever gets released, but IMO it's almost more interesting as a case study on how not to do "community" projects. This is pretty different to the way the Gothic 3 community patches were handled, or, for example, how Toady One develops Dwarf Fortress.

Darn and here I thought they were going to give out chocolates on April 4th ;)

Yeah..... The PR is really, really bad.....

Even if they made this whole announcement 2 weeks back in good faith (which I think they did) they must have thought about its implications and what people would think if they all start to get mysterious about something BIG happening in 2 weeks....... One cannot help but start to think aout the release candidate......

They should have announced something like: "the final beta test build is coming" or whatever and people would still have been excited but not as dissapointed as they are now (me included).......

well at last, now we know the project isn`t dead......

Well then I`ll have to continue "The book of unwritten tales " (IMHO the best adventure of 2009, already released in Germany).... but I`ll think i`m finished soon....

L.

What is this Team Gizka? and what is the add-on? I finished KotOR 1 and 2 a few months ago and it was great. I might try some fan made add-on soon

What is this Team Gizka? and what is the add-on? I finished KotOR 1 and 2 a few months ago and it was great. I might try some fan made add-on soon
A lot of content like quest dialogs and I think even planets was cut from KotOR 2 and they are trying to restore it.
Stuff like the HK47clone factory and the endgame dialog with Darth Traya.
It a restoration project and not a mod.

Last edited:
First and foremost, a joke.

Duke Nukem Forever is a joke. They aren't and they can't tell jokes either ;). It's not easy holding a job and then working on something in your spare time. I'm just surprised they're still working on it. It's not like they're being paid to do this.

Nobody is blaiming them for lazyness. Its how they treat their fans.. You reap what you sow...

Back
Top Bottom