Risen Petition to get the Spoiler Sub forum started

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet
Hey guys, most people will have the game by Monday and I was just wondering when we might get a sub forum for game discussion and spoilers. I have some stuff to chat about, but don't want to post it here yet. Just wondering.

Gorath says it depends on need. I suggest those who seriously want one post here and voice their opinions.

(Me, by the time I'm able to get it I'll be so spoiled it won't matter--plus I forget things really well.) :)

In the meantime, use of the board's spoiler tag
like this
would be a solid alternative.

i second the sub-forum proposal, helped me a lot when playing Gothic 3. i could post the specifics of the problems i've been having in the title itself.

I support the whole ideology of forum spoiler discussion. By its very nature games discussion interaction is at a deeper flowing 'practical -reactional' level, its response is "interaction positive" whereas negative attitutudes lead to restrictive practices, reaction and response - put simply, there will be more discussive interaction by having spoiler content - there will be more response with open spoiler forums. Sadly, there would likely be more work/housekeeping for the forum moderators due to incorrect forum post placement and such. In theory and practice, a 'lazy' forum moderator type (no implication intended) is the most likely type to promote tagged spoiler useage.
Useage of the tags becomes more cumbersome when considering "tagged tags" as in quoted tagged repetitive ongoing and progressive comment, it does not promote 'free' response reaction to query and explanatory answers.
To have a spoiler forum in one section (eg: G3) and not in another is a somewhat confusing reference, there is inconsistance here. Gamers wishing to reference past posts would find easier locatable solution content where no tags are used rather than having to sift through repetetive tags - - easier database browsing.

I fully support a Risen spoiler sub-forum...though it is probably too late now the main forum is established. This should have been put forward, discussed and decided well before Risen Release date.

Wow, i seriously didn't think we would get a Risen spoiler sub-forum, a very big "thank you" to Rpgwatch admin, they really do care and take notice of gamers wishes and concerns. With a Piranha Bytes game like Risen i suspect there will be much head-scratching over some quest solutions and tricky gameplay, open spoiler discussion can permit much help with the solutions.

Sincere regards.

You guys are making this more complicated than it is. I requested it, Mythos opened it. The whole discussion was shorter than this post.

I was the one who encouraged people to comment, so blame me for complicating a simple process. I'm pretty good at that. ;)

And you're welcome, Wulf. :)

Back
Top Bottom