Risen Starting Area Giant Arrowhead?

donjn

Watcher
Anyone notice that in the starting area on the North side of the beach the whole mountain there is shaped like a giant arrowhead pointing upwards. Why? It never opens and has nothing to do with the game.

risen-20090313100947500_640w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I aways wondered about that. I thought it was odd that there were no references to it anywhere else in the game.

The arrowhead motif is also depicted on the titan shield (that is a shield i take it) ?

Minutes after I posted this, I looked at the picture again and thought of the giant broken stone legs bordering Harbor Town which were part of a statue. I guess it is a shield near the beach after all.

Minutes after I posted this, I looked at the picture again and thought of the giant broken stone legs bordering Harbor Town which were part of a statue. I guess it is a shield near the beach after all.

I had to boot up Risen after reading that.

Man do I feel stupid, I never noticed the stone legs the entire time I was playing. :embarrassed:

I wish there some way to get up there and look around.

Last edited:
Yes, but what does it signify, why a titan shield on the rock face where you start the game? :thinking:

(just curious donjn - can you edit the thread title?)

The giant titan statue has obviously been destroyed. The elgs are all that remain and the shield was thrown miles away. Who knows.

I cant edit the title of my thread. That sucks.

Admins? Please fix my spelling error in the title thanks.

Man do I feel stupid, I never noticed the stone legs the entire time I was playing. :embarrassed:

Dont feel bad. I didn't notice the legs until I was almost done with the game and I was up in the Monastery. I was checking out the view and saw the legs way off in the distance. Check your map too. The legs are on the map.

I have never seen something so large that does not stand out very much. Weird.

It is possible to get up there, using climb, jump, and many levitates. It took me several hours, with many saves and reloads, starting from the roof of the commander's house in Harbor Town. It helps to control the levitates if you set the game spped to slow motion (timescale 0).
11b1d4c364.jpg

31a92228c7.jpg

That's pretty impressive badgesareus.

I'm surprised PB didn't hide any easter eggs up there. Was there anything at all? -plants, etc…?

Nothing there, no plants, no treasures, no enemies. No reason to go there except for the view and the challenge of doing it. (In Gothics 1 - 3 I spent a lot of time climbing mountains so I could attack with crossbows where the enemy couldn't get to me, so I've had a lot of practice doing it. It requires a ton of patience.)

(In Gothics 1 - 3 I spent a lot of time climbing mountains so I could attack with crossbows where the enemy couldn't get to me, so I've had a lot of practice doing it. It requires a ton of patience.)

I did quite a bit of climbing in the Gothic games myself. Did you find those easter eggs in G2 and NotR? If you did then you already know what I'm talking about. :)

I know what you mean in Gothic 2 but I never went there. I didn't play NOTR, I think at that time I was occupied with Elder Scrolls and/or Sacred.

You really should play G2 again with NotR installed, it's a very different experience. It's also PB's best game overall.

It is possible to get up there, using climb, jump, and many levitates. It took me several hours, with many saves and reloads, starting from the roof of the commander's house in Harbor Town. It helps to control the levitates if you set the game spped to slow motion (timescale 0).
11b1d4c364.jpg

31a92228c7.jpg

Great Great Job Bad-one

I notices all the titan stuff about 1/3 thorugh the game. I also tried jumping and leviating myself from the same spot but I only spent about 20 minutes on the attempts. I think I will take one of my last game saves and give it another go. Maybe get a ton load of leviates.

edit: and yes, you need to play G2 and NOTR. A ton of great climbing to do in that game and it is often times rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom