Promising news DA to have 120+ hrs of game play

I don't care about the Gothic and Diablo style games, and yet I also will have my plate full starting a month from now: Dragon Age, KB: Armored Princess, Disciples 3 without counting any MMO I might be playing (like, Champions Online and D&DO)... oh my

I almost forgot about King's Bounty: Armored Princess. Is there a release date for the English version yet?

Not me. I like to play just one game at a time, until it's either finished, or I decide it's not worth finishing. If I jump around too much then I usually end up not completing games...

I'm the opposite. If I jump around a bit it keeps the games a little more interesting. I don't burn out all at once on any particular game.

What normally happens is I'll stop jumping around so much after a week and concentrate on the one that was the most enjoyable.

What can I say, I'm just weird or have ADD;)

As for Kings Bounty. All it says is Q4 so I assume it'll be out before Christmas. Thanks for reminding...that's another game I have to get. Total is now 9(10) if Solium Infurnum is released as well. Which it looks like it will be.

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess

As for Kings Bounty. All it says is Q4 so I assume it'll be out before Christmas.

According to the guy explaining it to me at the GamesCom, it'll be some time in September here.

They hope, he said, to be able to release it simultaneously in other countries as well.

According to the guy explaining it to me at the GamesCom, it'll be some time in September here.

They hope, he said, to be able to release it simultaneously in other countries as well.

That doesn't fill me with confidence that it will definitely be in NA before the holiday.

I think it is really hard to measure gameplay time, like morrowind for some it takes 10 minutes for others it take 1000 hours to complete.

Some are easier than others to measure though... I would imagine Kotor or Jade Empire are a bit more consistent in gameplay time compared to Morrowind:)

That doesn't fill me with confidence that it will definitely be in NA before the holiday.

Well, I mean, it's not like it's a new game. It's heavily based on the predecessor's engine, and also it's been out in Russia for several months, so it only really needs localization (and remember it luckily doesn't have voice acting). The less variables, the more likely it is to come here as planned.

Can you guys please NOT mention all the other great games that are coming out in the coming month, please?:'(
I already know that I will have no sleep when the time comes, but all this talk about them is going to make me loose sleep right now. :blush:

@Dgaider, or anyone that knows, how are the Codex handled? Please tell me there is a way for the game to record them so that the players can read them at their leisure. Or better yet, how about an "export" function (not within the game of course) that extract the codex that the player has read to a text file, so that we can read them offline. Like at work :roll:, j/k.

EDIT: Really though, I am a little embarrassed to say that over the years, I have definitely spent a LOT more time reading the PST "novel" over and over again rather than playing the game.

EDIT 2: Since I brought up PST, I can't help but wondering about how dialogs in DA would compare to it.

Spoilerish of PST (but I doubt this would spoil anyone here):

from the wonderful SA LP of PST said:
"Attention: Fall-From-Grace. I wish to address your body," Nordom chirped in his sexless drone.

"Pardon me?" Fall-From-Grace raised a coy eyebrow as she lowered her tea.

"Your body. Your form. Your reason for selecting it. Why?"

A smile crept at the edge of her lips, "Why... I suppose I find it comforting. Besides, I rather like the wings."

"It would be more practical for you to assume the form of a modron. It is 13.27% more efficient. Give or take +5.2%."

"Why, Nordom, are you trying to court me?" Her tone was teasing, and edged on being flirtatious.

"It was not my intention to initiate legal action against you."

Last edited:
Can you guys please NOT mention all the other great games that are coming out in the coming month, please?:'(

I must agree that I have a similar problem now.

Too bad that I have all of them already in my memory ...

... And can't forget them ...

@Dgaider, or anyone that knows, how are the Codex handled? Please tell me there is a way for the game to record them so that the players can read them at their leisure. Or better yet, how about an "export" function (not within the game of course) that extract the codex that the player has read to a text file, so that we can read them offline. Like at work :roll:, j/k.
Any time you come across a codex entry, which can come from having encountered a creature or finding a book or what have you, it gets entered into the Codex -- which you can access at any time during the game. So, no, you're not limited to reading it right away.

No export to outside the game, however, though that's not a bad idea.

@Alrik Fassabauer: :( at lease we are not alone in the suffering...

@Dgaider
That sounds great. Thanks for considering the export option. It doesn't have to be something fancy, maybe it could be a function, to be added after DA is released, of the mod tool.
I am sure there are times, like while playing ME, when you would think "Gee, I feel like reading up on some of the books/notes that I picked up in game" but you couldn't because either: you are not at your gaming system of choice with the game readily available; or the second that you fired up the game, you felt compelled to go rid the "world" of evil ( or good :rolleyes:) instead of read...

@Alrik Fassabauer: :( at lease we are not alone in the suffering...

I hope the devs and publishers make millions then maybe we'll have more of this kind of "suffering" on a yearly basis ;)

Back
Top Bottom