Help! Good (old) action/RPG needed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Hi,

Some of you may remember my partner, Kayla. We have 2x gaming PCs and 2x laptops in the house but the Aussie summer is simply too hot to use the main PCs -- so we rely on the laptops. Kayla uses the "old" one with integrated Intel graphics...it does the job and she happily plays stuff like Baldur's Gate, Icewind, PS:T, DivDiv, the Avernums, Dungeon Siege and FATE.

Yesterday she ran out of old games to replay and commandeered my "good" laptop to play NWN2.

Help!

I have a few days off over Christmas and really want to get stuck into NWN2 myself...I need to divert her back onto the old laptop! I need a decent, older generation RPG (something compatible with the basic 3D we have on that machine - 1Gb RAM and 2Ghz CPU otherwise) for her that she hasn't played. It must be fantasy (no sci-fi or post-apoc) and preferably let you play a female. Action or RPG-lite is preferred - she likes to just kick back. Bonus points for animal familiars and good loot. Most recently she has played the crap out of FATE.

Help!

Can her old machine run NWN 1?
You could even tell her, she would be a better idea of what's happening in NWN 2. ;)

Maybe Sacred ? There's a female character in there.

Why not install the beta version of Grimoire you have for her to try!! :biggrin:

Ahh good one, Sacred.

Hey does Sci fi, include KotOR, I think of Sci fi as more like Dues Ex.

Since KotOR is probabaly considered Sci fi, what about anything from Spiderweb?

What about Arcanum or ToEE?

Or, if it's mostly fighting and looting - what about some dungeon crawls? The EoB games could be something. Or maybe LoL - at least the first one is good. Or maybe these are getting *too* old? :)

No to KotOR and Arcanum...it really has to be classic/high fantasy. She found ToEE a bit tedious...she doesn't mind a full-blown RPG but ToEE didn't offer enough outside the combat (she really likes kitting out her avatar, so interesting/varied loot goes a long way).

Played all the Avernums but didn't like Geneforge. EoB is too old (I'd say Avernum is the minimum standard but preferably a little more "modern".

Has anyone played Morning's Wrath?

Summoner?
I guess 2 guys and 2 girls, though the Main really is a guy, though. :(

Soulbringer?
Dang thats a guy, too. :(

Redemption, guy. :(

How about Heretic Kingdoms? Girl, decent 2D, cool loot.

Also, Nox is nice, as is Darkstone.

Ahh true Darkstone even has females, nice one. :)

Hey, I could get pointy objects thrown my way for this, but what about Morrowind?

Another possiblity though not really an RPG but good entertaining story in a world where women hold all the magic power Wheel of Time with the lastest patch she would definatly have to play on Easy difficulty.

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader?

It's a very interesting (fantasy-ish) setting, and the first part of the game is simply awesome (around Barcelona or such). Unfortunately, later on, it starts to look just a teensy bit like Diablo, but the setting and the story make up for that, IMHO.

Dang it! I was going to say Nox! Thanks for stealing my thunder dude ;)

There is no reason to mention the Migth & Magic games is there?

This might be a bit off the mark but has she tried Silver? Plenty of action though not so much RPG elements. Perhaps a bit consolish but the background graphics are beautiful and the music is brilliant ... What?!? If Corwin gets to pimp Grimoire I can pimp Silver aiight? :biggrin:

Somehow she missed Heretic Kingdoms...not sure how I missed it because I'm a fan and still keep in touch with the development team. That's a good one.

Summoner she loved...I'll see if we can find the disks. Lionheart...I don't want to destroy our relationship. ;) Nox rocked - good suggestion. Darkstone was...OK.

Silver I just don't know, so I'll look into it.

Thanks for all the input. :)

Back
Top Bottom