Mass Effect IV - What I Want to See

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
VGU has a new article where they talk about what they want in the next Mass Effect.

EA’s press conference featured a lot of tiny looks at huge projects that are coming in the future from DICE’s Star Wars: Battlefront to a brand-new IP from BioWare. While it was exciting to hear about all of these anticipated titles, the one that I personally can’t wait for is the next Mass Effect game.

Bioware’s Montreal studio is working on another title in the popular Mass Effect series that will break away from the previous three games and not be the story of Commander Shepard. Mass Effect has been one of my favorite game series since it came out in 2007 (Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of all time), so I am eagerly awaiting the next installment in the franchise.

We don’t know a whole lot about this next Mass Effect game but we do know that BioWare is breaking away from Commander Shepard and bringing us a whole new story. There is a lot of potential for this game to be either great or a disappointment. Here are some things I would love to see happen in the next Mass Effect game.
More information.

In ME4 all I really want to see is no DLC.
Just that and only that. Is that simple enough? I think it is.
Make the game, sell it as is, pump the price to $100 I don't care, just don't massacre it and sell an impaired version.
And then make bloody ME5 with ME5 in the tile not ME5 that is not ME5 but DLC1, DLC2, DLC3, ..., DLC5637.

But to add something more...
Bioware's Aaryn Flynn said to some journalists that the new game will not ignore the original trilogy and that there is a possibility we'll meet some of "old" characters.
Knowing Aria is a thousand years old "bitch" in the trilogy, I bet we'll meet her no matter which timeline the new game will be set in.

In ME4 all I really want to see is no DLC.
Just that and only that. Is that simple enough? I think it is.
Make the game, sell it as is, pump the price to $100 I don't care, just don't massacre it and sell an impaired version.
And then make bloody ME5 with ME5 in the tile not ME5 that is not ME5 but DLC1, DLC2, DLC3, …, DLC5637.

But to add something more…
Bioware's Aaryn Flynn said to some journalists that the new game will not ignore the original trilogy and that there is a possibility we'll meet some of "old" characters.
Knowing Aria is a thousand years old "bitch" in the trilogy, I bet we'll meet her no matter which timeline the new game will be set in.

I'm starting to hear this too. I have to wonder if BioWare didn't adjust the story/game in reaction to fan noise after they hinted at the prequel/"no relation to the Shepard story whatsoever" stuff last year?

Back
Top Bottom