PC RPG for 2013

Ha ha, and when you'll get even older you'll perhaps realize that people can enjoy different stuff than you do and differently than you do and that doesn't make you smarter nor more right or anything. That will avoid you some pointless insistent hate against some dev, something I see that is still sticking on you to quote 2 Bioware games, as if that was the worst RPG, lol.

You do know saying it's a nice list is a complement right? I respect others enjoy games I would never play, and your right people can enjoy different stuff than you do. In the mean time I will enjoy my game playing without excluding titles because they don't fit specific rpg genre standards.:)

So allow me to say again nice list you put together and good day.;)

That is a good list, but as I get older I'm not picky about what I play anymore. To me it's all about variety now.

Yes that means I will enjoy the next DA 3 and ME game along with every other RPG game that gets released.:)

For me it's quite the opposite. When I was younger I would play anything that could be installed… shooters, RTS, turn based, RPG, space sims, flight sims, adventure, pretty much anything.
Nowadays I'm much more picky. I don't play shooters anymore, or space sims, or flight sims, or RTS. I just don't care about them. Even adventure games that I used to love, I don't care anymore. It's basically RPG and non-real time strategy games for me now, and even then, I'm picky about what RPG games I play… actiony games are out (i.e. no Mass Effects, Gothic, Witcher, etc. even Skyrim doesn't cut it anymore).

That list is in no way a selection so if it's good or not has no relationship with me.

As I already quoted, for me it is appealing because of the number, the genres and the expectation I could have for many of them. But only the real releases and play them will tell the quality/interest/fun. But I like this list too, I hope it won't end in a poor list. And anyway I bet quite many won't be released in 2013.

Dragon Age 3 is probably a March 2014 title, considering BioWare loves March, but other than that it looks about right.

Still on track for 2013:

[person]
@Mike_Laidlaw Is DA 3 still planned for 2013?

Mike Laidlaw ‏@Mike_Laidlaw
@[person] Currently and officially? Yep. As I've said before, if we delay it'll be for quality reasons.

I added Expeditions: Conquistador recently released.

It's not a tactical RPG nor a simulation, it has tactics and simulation aspects, but it's much more an uncommon CRPG approach and in fact fans of tactical games, and fans of simulation games will be disappointed, it's more elements that are parts of a whole which is a CRPG.

You did the right thing. It's just not a classic type of RPG.

Moved to released section Path of Exile, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Legends of Dawn & Shadowrun Returns. I don't think any other has been released since last update.

Blackguards expected release date on its info site is 2013-08-21.
Is there any source on this? The latest source I've found is the amazon.de relase date, which is 2013-11-19. As Daedalic Entertainment is a german company, that my be accurate.

Or does anyone know more? :)

Space rangers HD A war apart should be released this year.By last estimate it was to be released in August but I would be surprised if it was delayed for month or 2.Russian version is already released we are just waiting for translation.

Thanks to help, it's not easy to make a "complete" list, going update OP. I just stumbled on another one I never heard of, on Steam, a remake of Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny, the first part of Realms of Arkania, turn based, and soon to be released.

EDIT: Added the three in OP, in the probable 2013 releases section.

Last edited:
Thanks to help, it's not easy to make a "complete" list, going update OP. I just stumbled on another one I never heard of, on Steam, a remake of Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny, the first part of Realms of Arkania, turn based, and soon to be released.

EDIT: Added the three in OP, in the probable 2013 releases section.

Hmmh yes, ROA should be unlocking tomorrow on Steam. All fingers and toes crossed that it isn't another under achiever.

Hmmh yes, ROA should be unlocking tomorrow on Steam. All fingers and toes crossed that it isn't another under achiever.

I wonder nobody can comment it? No preview no knowledge no context? It's currently a 20% sale pre buy, and it's supposed to be the Diamond age of RPG which means too many RPG to buy so any rebate are welcome. But jump blindly for something coming from nowhere, that's unpleasant.

Hu I bought anyway ROA, was too curious and it's a clear disaster. I don't even mean the language problems but there's really basic blocking bugs making the game unplayable.

Hu hu I haven't tried Legends of Dawn which seems also a release disaster but all those dev would take profit of some lessons from… Bioware, yeah even Bioware could teach them a lot. :)

I don't care much of Legends of Dawn but I really hope for ROA that they'll fix all. Clearly currently ROA shouldn't be bought that would be a wrong signal to indie dev.

I quote that it's October and this year will be more a RPG year of promises and expectations than of releases.

Frankly I'm not that much surprised I was expecting that most "blockbuster" would be delayed hence only few will be released in 2013.

Also the game release in Alpha or even before, either for allowing a financial support of players and try some Game Together approach, plus hope save a lot of testing cost, are a weird approach I don't adapt too, I get the feeling to get false release and never know when the game is really released.

And with Might & Magic X Legacy, it's even the big names (Ubisoft) that try to enter in this game, even if the game genre and perhaps the developers are a part of the reason of this false release choice.

I suppose I should add in OP an "Half released" section with "Early Access" releases, Alpha release, and even awfully buggy releases as Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny.

Well there's still 3 months before the end of the year, but clearly OP list is mainly RPG that won't be released in 2013, despite the thread title. :)

Publishers thought it'd be better to wait for nextgen consoles.

What happens? We don't have any titles to spend the money on. And then next year we get dozens of games so… Their loss.

But the bigger problem from players' perspective is that this year's GOTY awards will probably all go to overadvertised season pass FPS, which will make silly publisher CEOs to insist on making it's clones instead of investing into good ol' RPGs. Happened with MMOs already, all are WoW clones, all!

I don't think those publishers are publishing RPG. Mode and clones is a common stuff, but that's also what generated the Golden Age of RPG.

For me this year has been quite more tactic and strategy than RPG. But not from a point of view of 2013 releases, but with a point of view of Mac play in 2013, probably my best year in 25 years of video gaming.

1 - XCOM Enemy Unknown
2 - Endless Space: Disharmony
3 - System Shock 2 (sorry guys, just me, but consider I'm huge fan of Endless Space)
4 - Dominion 3
5 - Game Dev Tycoon
6 - Age of Wonder
7 - Might & Magic 3 (ok that's a replay but this unfinished replay trigger a better feeling than I had in my memory)
8 - Heroes of Migh & Magic V (at release I had a blockage)
9 - Shadowrun Returns
10 - Tales of Maj'Eyal - Age of Ascendancy

Wooo great year! :)

Please can anyone point me to any old-style RPG ( preferably party-based) that has recently been released?

Thanks,

LS.

Thanks, I played the original Arkania games. Is the remake any good? From what I've found so far, the buyers don't seem happy.

Back
Top Bottom