easy rpg ?

muddy1234

Traveler
what are some easy rpg games, eg, 'gods : lands of infinity' , faery : legends of avalon, etc. ? thanks wizardry 8 : is there a demo ? does wizardry 8 have difficulty levels ? thanks

I personally think the easiest Rpg's are the action Rpg's or ARPG. Such as Dungeon Siege,Titan Quest, Diablo, etc. Plenty of potions to help you slog your way through but little in the way of challenge or puzzles. Wizardry games, however are a different animal all together. Not easy. The first hour is not bad, it does a good job of getting you ready for the longer battles and I mean long. Download a mod to speed them up.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning comes to mind. Even on Hard difficulty that game is pretty easy.

Wizardry 8 is hard and I would think especially so for people new to the series.

The beginning monestary is pretty tame and then the road to Arnika slaps you in the face.

It is however an excellent game if you can get past the extremely long battles.

The speed mod recommended by Redman is absolutely essential IMO.

As for easy games, nwn 1&2, DA:O (on easy if need be) and KOA (action oriented) spring to mind.

Modern Bioware games are pretty forgiving, especially on the easier settings.

I'd recommend Mass Effect or Dragon Age, based on your preference.

Actually, KotOR might be even better - but perhaps a bit too complex (and old) as a first try.

Also, the Fable series is pretty straight forward. Most of it at least.

If you are looking for the kind of easiness which is nonetheless rewarding and provides RPG quality at the same time, check out Divine Divinity.

If you are looking for the kind of easiness which is nonetheless rewarding and provides RPG quality at the same time, check out Divine Divinity.

The first dungeon is not all that easy in Divine Divinity though.

Anyway, easy CPRGs:
Skyrim
Oblivion
Morrowind (can be a tad bit challenging, but as long as you make a decent character, it should be quite easy once you've gained a few levels)
Planescape: Torment
Might & Magic 8 (early part might be a little bit tricky)
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas (better than 3)
Diablo series
Torchlight series
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (remember to use melee weapons. If you want it to be extra easy, create a Tremere)

thanks !!! for all the great feed-back; by 'easy', i guess i mean 'light', eg, gods : lands of infinity, faery : legends of avalon,etc. i'm probably going to download fable, since i've never played that series, wizardy 8 , i've played the demo and it seems great (only $10), final fantasy 8 (steam), i had a lot of fun with 7 and 9, and heard 9 was the last good one; any more feed-back is very welcome, thanks again
!!!!!

If you want to play more oldschool you could try Lands of Lore (1). It's very easy to get into and more of an RPG light. Also Might & Magic World of Xeen should be doable, you'd have to read the manual tho.

Forgot about Fable, but Maylander's right - that's an excellent starting point for someone without experience with the genre.

The Witcher 1 and 2 is very easy and beginner friendly. Also the graphics is super.

thanks again !!! kotor, nwn, da:eek:, koa ? what are these abbreviations ? never winter nights ? (nwn); wizardry 8 : how do i download the speed mod ? playing fable now (and wizardry 8), having great fun with fable, plowing through wizardry 8 manual; thanks again for all the feedback, any more feedback is always welcome;

thanks again !!! kotor, nwn, da:eek:, koa ? what are these abbreviations ? never winter nights ? (nwn); wizardry 8 : how do i download the speed mod ? playing fable now (and wizardry 8), having great fun with fable, plowing through wizardry 8 manual; thanks again for all the feedback, any more feedback is always welcome;
Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins, Kingdoms of Amalur.

Some strange suggestions in this thread...

I wouldn't recommend Dragon Age, and I certainly wouldn't recommend The Witcher 2 to someone looking for easy RPGs.

Some strange suggestions in this thread…

..., and I certainly wouldn't recommend The Witcher 2 to someone looking for easy RPGs.

GothicGothicness is a real hardcore gamer.

Well, I played both the witcher games on hardest setting and they were both really easy aside from 1 fight in each of them.

I can only imagine how easy they are on easy setting.

Wizardy 8 is absolutely much much harder,

Back
Top Bottom