The Witcher 2 - First Impressions @ Plugheadnet, Gametrailers

aries100

SasqWatch
Plughead.net has a first impressions article for this game. Here's a few highlights:
The preview build already supports Witcher 1 saves, and it found all of my multiple ones already. I simply chose from a short list which one I wanted.
First thing’s first: it’s great. In case there was any doubt.
And now for the important stuff: there’s a naked woman in the first two minutes of the game. Absolutely full-on nudity that in games you would only usually see in crap German “erotic” titles. Earning your Mature rating there, CD Projekt!
And here's some more:
The opening battle is incredible. It really feels like there’s a war on… but a puny war’s not enough for CD Projekt. No spoilers.
Geralt is voiced by the same actor as in The Witcher. A few other characters from the first game appear, but I’m not sure if they have the same actors (I think so though).
Either way, they’re all fine. The writing and the acting is even more believable than Bioware’s – and this has proper swearing in it.
Gametrailers have their own first impressions of the game. One is a trailer about the environments in the game; the other is a combat overview trailer. Be sure to check these out, as they're definetely a must see.
Thanks to Mechanical Lemon and funcroc over at Obsidian's forums in this thread for mentioning this.

More information.

The combat overview is really nice. I didn't know that they added traps, looks like we get another alternative and I like the flammable gas bomb....

Now I just need to wait 3 weeks...

Woo a full naked woman, sold! Why ask more? There's no need to hesitate more, no more doubt the game kick a... and a clear best game of the year. :)

The writing and the acting is even more believable than Bioware’s

I'm assuming he is referring to pre-Dragon Age 2 Bioware, if this is to be a compliment anyhow.

Looking forward to it, but I still need to even start the first Witcher...LOL It looks incredible!

And as for the Bioware part, I'd say Witcher II is by far better than everything Mass Effect and of course the ridiculously pathetic Dragon Age II! Ever since Bioware was bought out by EA and of course their comment saying JRPGs are not RPG and their games are better....nothing but downhill slope!

And as for the Bioware part, I'd say Witcher II is by far better than everything Mass Effect and of course the ridiculously pathetic Dragon Age II!
Woo a version of The Witcher 2 already leaked and some players even already finished the game?

Pirates never cease to amaze me. :)

Woo a version of The Witcher 2 already leaked and some players even already finished the game?

Pirates never cease to amaze me. :)

I could be wrong but the game inst leaked there are no news posted on any websites stating so and if there was it would be a huge outcry just like crysis 2.

I could be wrong but the game inst leaked there are no news posted on any websites stating so and if there was it would be a huge outcry just like crysis 2.

I think that was intended as sarcasm, on the grounds that one could not conclude that TW2 is better than Mass Effect/DA2 without having played TW2, and since TW2 isn't released yet the only way that could happen is if it had been leaked and pirated. Since this is the internet, sarcasm is easy to miss.

I will say that the previews on TW2 sound promising and are giving me a warm fuzzy feeling, in contrast to the previews for DA2 which gave me a sinking feeling later borne out by many user reviews. But for now, back to Avernum 5. (How do I know I'm a CRPG fan? Because I have a copy of Portal 2 downstairs and I'm upstairs playing Avernum 5.)

TW2 isn't out everywhere yet? The USA got that one late and it's been out here for 3 months or some such.

Anyway... sounding like great stuff. The bugs are still the big question in my mind, given Witcher 1's initial release. I trust I'll have plenty of volunteers to check that aspect out for me. ;)

TW2 isn't out everywhere yet? The USA got that one late and it's been out here for 3 months or some such.

Are you thinking of Two Worlds 2? In this case I believe TW2=The Witcher 2.

It's confusing that 2 games released the same year have the same acronym nickname. I read TW2 meant for Witcher 2 as Two Worlds 2 a couple of times in various threads myself.

I think that was intended as sarcasm, on the grounds that one could not conclude that TW2 is better than Mass Effect/DA2 without having played TW2, and since TW2 isn't released yet the only way that could happen is if it had been leaked and pirated. Since this is the internet, sarcasm is easy to miss.

I will say that the previews on TW2 sound promising and are giving me a warm fuzzy feeling, in contrast to the previews for DA2 which gave me a sinking feeling later borne out by many user reviews. But for now, back to Avernum 5. (How do I know I'm a CRPG fan? Because I have a copy of Portal 2 downstairs and I'm upstairs playing Avernum 5.)

Realized that after my post but yeah I agree I would rather play a rpg than portal2.

Realized that after my post but yeah I agree I would rather play a rpg than portal2.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm about halfway through Portal 2 and it's a fantastic game. But it scratches a different itch. I'd really like to see what would happen if GladOS and Shodan got together and went bowling.

I thought TW2 = The Witcher 2, and TWII = Two Worlds II. (I hope they make a sequel, and I *really* hope they call it "Three Worlds III".)

Don't get me wrong — I'm about halfway through Portal 2 and it's a fantastic game. But it scratches a different itch. I'd really like to see what would happen if GladOS and Shodan got together and went bowling.

I thought TW2 = The Witcher 2, and TWII = Two Worlds II. (I hope they make a sequel, and I *really* hope they call it "Three Worlds III".)

I never liked the game enough to play it. Seriously I haven't played a Valve game since half-life 2. There recent games lack any resemblance to there earlier titles. I guess making money off steam and co-op games is there prerogative now. Now there saying they will focus on co-op and phase out isolated single player in there games. I'm not one who like co-op or multi-player.

As for the naming think of the confusion you will miss then TW3 is it Witcher or Two Worlds. Maybe the next one should be called 2W3.

Last edited:
Portal (and its sequel) are the only Valve games I've enjoyed. I've tried to play HL2 a couple of times and just can't stay interested much past Ravenholm. Shooters just aren't my genre of preference.

I think the use of Arabic numerals for the Witcher series and Roman numerals for the Two Worlds series is adequate for differentiation. And it matches the respective box art, so there's even a justification!

Are you thinking of Two Worlds 2? In this case I believe TW2=The Witcher 2.

It's confusing that 2 games released the same year have the same acronym nickname. I read TW2 meant for Witcher 2 as Two Worlds 2 a couple of times in various threads myself.

Two Worlds 2 should actually be 2W2, but nobody use that one.

If you look at a certain nut's postings, you will note that he uses 2W2 for Two Worlds. The nutty one knew that there would be confusion otherwise :)

If you look at a certain nut's postings, you will note that he uses 2W2 for Two Worlds. The nutty one knew that there would be confusion otherwise :)

Ok, I stand corrected, one nutty nut use it.

Not much risk in saying that TW2 should be better than DA2. If it fails to do so, well, that will be extremely bad news for the developper.

Woo a full naked woman, sold! Why ask more? There's no need to hesitate more, no more doubt the game kick a… and a clear best game of the year. :)

I know you are kidding but usually this is a sign of a total crap game. "Gameplay? Story?" We've got NEKKID GURLS!"

Back
Top Bottom