Cannon Fodder 3 Announced

If you were an Amiga man at the time, they were platform-defining classics. Hence someone resurrecting them I guess...

Z? Not bad - but I`d rather see some other Bitmap Brother`s things revisited...perhaps Cadaver? :)

Not much they can streamline about cannon fodder. Hopefully.

First Cannon Fodder was awesome, certainly one of the best games released on Amiga. Jops and Jools were such memorable characters.
However, it was a kind of magic I didn´t expect to be repeated in the sequel (it wasn´t) and don´t expect it to be repeated now. Still, surprises happen.

The gameplay was almost perfect back then (played it on dos or windows can't remember). All they need to do is make more maps, upgrade the graphics, have some new units and bam you're good to go.

Although I don't know how well it sold before. If it was really popular then they might not change too much. If it wasn't then they might try to change almost everything about it.

Interesting but I'd prefer a lot a new Syndicate. About that there's an interesting game also using 1 to 4 units you control with a more generic background Fantasy and smaller maps but more deep controls and quite well done anyway, Knights of the Phantom Castle on iPad.

I think the first game was banned on the German market. Because of what its title implies ...

Well, I never played it - because it didn't appear on the shelves. And I wasn't into war games anyway.

Yeah despite the anti war approach, it was still a war game but quite unique. Myself I know only four games with a similar gameplay, Cannon Fooder, Syndicate, Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings and Knights of the Phantom Castle.

If my memory serve me well my favorite have been Syndicate then Knights of the Phantom Castle. I need give a second chance to Final Fantasy XII : Revenant Wings, and for Cannon Fooder I only tried it on a console and I think the gamepad didn't help the game so in a way I have still to play it, and I would for a remake but not a PC oldies.

Hah, I played a lot of Cannon Fodder and Z back in the days. This was certainly a surprise, wouldn't mind a Z surprise too!

Back
Top Bottom