Risen - New Hero to be Unveiled?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
After criticism of the Hero in Risen, Deep Silver will unveil a new look on the World of Risen forums...if the conditions are met, apparently:
Daniel Oberlercher from Deep Silver announced in our forum that the hero of RISEN which has been reworked after bad critic by the community will be unveiled at the 3rd of September, 2009, exclusively in our forum.

But there's a catch! The hero will only be shown if we manage to gather at least 400 RISEN-Fans in our forums between 18:00 and 18:30 CEST. So come along and bring your friends!
This is 16:00-16:30 GMT, for those needing to make a local time conversion.
Thanks, ikbenrichard!
More information.

umm..what? I haven't heard anything negative about the hero. Granted, i don't go to the forums, but, i come here a lot. What's wrong with the hero?

umm..what? I haven't heard anything negative about the hero. Granted, i don't go to the forums, but, i come here a lot. What's wrong with the hero?

I know in the German worldofrisen forum it seemed that the hero design took some flak before. Don't know much else and am not concerned by it.

It doesn't really matter to me, because rarely do you see the hero's face in this type of game anyways.

I do have to agree that he is one ugly dude though...

I hope this is a bad joke, you know, expecting people to jump through hoops for them to improve their product. Cause, if not, they can kiss my ass. This is not the direction that I want to see game marketing go.

I hope this is a bad joke, you know, expecting people to jump through hoops for them to improve their product. Cause, if not, they can kiss my ass. This is not the direction that I want to see game marketing go.

I think you misunderstood. They're re-doing the hero regardless, the forum event is for those that want an early sneek peak.

The hero looks okay for me, but if they can make him look better.... why not?

What about the REAL complaint..that of small-sized heads? If they can alter the look of hero at this stage of production, shouldn't be hard to adjust head proportion as well?

What about the REAL complaint..that of small-sized heads? If they can alter the look of hero at this stage of production, shouldn't be hard to adjust head proportion as well?

The hero looks not that great and doesnt looklike the front cover hero at all. But your point is indeed even more important. All proportions should be better not the one head.

I am pleased about this as it proves beyond doubt that the dev's/publishers colaboration are listening to the wishes of the gamers, a far cry from other diametric colaborations in recent news that have said "we want to work with the community" and then apparently disregard them and show little respect on this important aspect.
This emphatically proves the point that PB/DS cohererancy, right from the start have put their money where their mouth is! - The head size was noticed from the beginning of screenshot releases, I eagerly await with interest the appearance of our "new hero" and news here on rpgwatch.

Maybe they could make this a user-adjustable parameter? Like a head-size slider in the graphics menu, with maybe even a checkbox for Big Giant Head. For people who like different-sized heads.

He looks like a Regular Joe to me. What's the deal with these people? ?

he should rather look like a regular Hans, than a regular Joe.
hopefully, this is the point :p

but honestly, the master has been already forwarded to the factory, so is this news serious at all?
________
Fix ps3

Last edited:
They needed that in Tomb Raider.

....not for her head though...

JDR I like the way you think :D

As for the head thing, as long as there are no big eyes and huge heads then I'm a happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom