What Codex moron got banned and why?

Present evidence? You don't even need to provide a reason for kicking someone out of your own house. Being a member of a privately owned forum is hardly a human right.

As for MR; I didn't see anything particularly bad, but then again I wasn't paying attention. I'm interested in games, so I pretty much ignore pointless discussions between member X and Y.

Present evidence? You don't even need to provide a reason for kicking someone out of your own house. Being a member of a privately owned forum is hardly a human right.

Agreed.

I wonder what the incentive would be for our moderators to present evidence.

If there's one thing I've learned during my time on forums, it's that for moderators to discuss reasons for banning with other posters is a huge no-no.

It's pretty simple, really. They have control and it's up to the members to decide if it's a place they want to visit.

Also, having these somewhat challenged trolls question Watch policy is delightfully ironic. I can only hope our moderators find as much amusement in that as I do ;)

So you don't care if the moderators are powertripping bullies with a bone to pick with say some minorities?

First they came for the bullied, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not bullied.
Then they came for the muslims, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a muslim.
Then they came for the non-comformists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a non-conformist.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

If there's something I learned on my time on the net it is to:
oINijEk.jpg

Reading your last posts the last time you learnt something was probably some time before kindergarden.
You really trying too hard man, troll elsewhere - it's not entertaining at all.

Reading your last posts the last time you learnt something was probably some time before kindergarden.
You really trying too hard man, troll elsewhere - it's not entertaining at all.
Trying to find out why someone was banned is trolling? You guys keep using words you don't understand. See, you keep talking about how everyone must be nice to eachother and then you go and bully people with comments like these. I won't be intimidated by your insults though, no that won't work at me.

He gets banned everywhere according to himself, so we thought it would be an OK thing to do, to ban him here as well, seeing that he is used to it.
Has been a while since we banned anyone, so it was long overdue.

Perhaps we'll give him another chance when he has 100 new posts at RPGCodex.

I like MR, so I wouldn't mind him getting another shot someday. Some folks just get too passionate about things they hate or love and can't seem to keep their cool. I have a very strong hatred for a certain topic and I've learned to just skip threads about said topic or where I think it might pop up. It's not good for the BP :)

More evidence that my initial suspicisions were correct

What evidence? The evidence is just someone typing some words on a forum. Don't know this guy, don't care to know him, but you are very quick to take his words for truth and words here for lies. Biased much?

See? I am questioning everything... huh huh

Shux, I guess I missed the offensive post(s) considering MinorityReport was one of four or five people I have ignored.

Whether his ban was deemed Right or Wrong by armchair quarterbacks everywhere, he always seemed like some wound-up twelve year old with tunnelvision and a loud mouth. Incredibly annoying. Heading to the codex to try and garner attention for being ousted is not surprising.

This thread is today's most active thread?
Unbelievable.

Lemme tag it… Dunno what to put… We don't have "trashcan" section on the forum yet, right?

Okay I take it all back, this guy is absolutely cray cray.

RandomAccount said:
I guess the biggest problem with being dead is that one really doesn't know what to do next. Once burnt twice shy, I'm sure some ancient dickwad once wrote. Alas, it appears that in order to raise oneself like a pheonix and become not-shy once again one has to stand oneself infront of a flamethrower on a daily basis. So, from the initial assessment, we have two polar opposites from which to choose - that of the silent lurker or that of the perpetual fireball. And, to be honest, I'm not really sure that either option would be conducive to something I would call an enjoyable internet experience. What I tend to like, you see, is an environment of balance and logic. Insane, I know. I mean, even in the deep silence and solitude of death one still gets affronted by maggots slowly nibbling away at all your best bits like an overly-obsessive troll and you still feel the piss of a passing drunkard trickle down your forehead, but it all, at least, has the merit of making some kind of sense.

I suppose another option would be to make some loud and clumpy noises whenever I hear the whisping trail of a necromancer's robe pass by overhead, encouraging them to start with something that already has some semblance of life left in it. Everyone likes things to be a bit easier, I don't see why a necromancer should be any different. I could then rise like the pheonix, reborn and rejuvenated, permanently numb to the pain of living tissue and free to write "euuurghhhhgggnnnnnnnn" on any thread I wanted, whenever I wanted. Then I remembered, zombies don't tend to react that well to fire based attacks, double damage if I remember correctly. So, while it's a very nice thought for me while I slowly rot down here, you know pass a few more seconds of infinity, it probably wouldn't be the most sensible course of action in practice. The first flame-war would see me straight back down, nose to the turf. And I wouldn't even get the pleasure of slowly and politely rotting somewhere, I'd likely be fully cremated. I couldn't think of anything more boring than floating around the atmosphere with not even enough combined cells to even have any consciousness that I was floating around the atmosphere.

But I digress. Or do I? I'm not sure about that. Let's just say that I am digested. Or rather, am being digested. I think I would like a forum where it would 'nice' (not that nice is the right word, nice is a really appalling word really, but I'm tired and my ankle itches and I can't reach it) if there was a forum which offered some form of balance between freedom of speech and nazi totalitarianism. Again, those appalling extremes. I'm not really faffed if someone thinks all Jews are this that or the other or all liberals are this that or the other. I think if someone is faffing about politics and religion too much on an RPG forum then it's highly likely that's the kind of person I can't be faffed reading. Not because I am either Jewish or liberal, because I'm not anything, what with being dead and all. Being dead makes one highly dubious of anyone's protestations about what is the best way to lead ones life. Not that I don't deny someone's freedom to wax obvious troll (or even genuine retardation) but that, from my perspective, politics and religion are quite possibly the furthest subject imaginable from the concept of RPGs.

For me, you see, the RPG has no relation to the here and now and that if the RPG does have a relation to the here and now, it's highly likely that I will have no interest in playing it. One of the key elements for the RPG concept, for me, you see, is that wonderful word fantasy. What makes an RPG truly great for me is to be transported to, quite literally, a different 'existence'. On arrival I am greeted by everything familiar. I can make sense of the world because the world provides me with everything I am accustomed to - beer, chairs, humanoids, pointy sticks of pain, blunt sticks of even greater pain, gravestones, treasure chests (though I must admit to have never yet seeing a treasure chest in my regular reality, but am for some reason entirely comfortable with their familiarity), grassy knolls, people who stand in the exact same spot all day every day, people who pay you to do mundane and demeaning tasks, blah blah blah, and all the etcetera. But there's none of the bullshit. The first NPC you meet doesn't immediately say "fuck off you paki communist" and neither does the first NPC say "You said WHAT! Game over mate and don't ever come back you bastard". And, oddly enough, throughout the entirety of the game, no matter who you meet or what communications occur between you and others, you don't tend to get bogged down in horseshit. I have no doubt someone could make an RPG where you get bogged down in horseshit, but I certainly wouldn't play it. Even if it had Dragons and everything.

You have a word count limit? Oh well, two posts it is…

RandomAccount said:
So when I (used to) approach an RPG forum I am (was) still kind-of in that RPG mind-set. Parlaying with respective NPC team members in our never-ending mission to slay the EA dragon (so to speak, insert whatever gets your goat here). That guy, oh he always speaks with moderation (cleric). That girl, she's always white-knighting (paladin), that guy always thinks EA deserve nothing more than "Another shit EA game" (barbarian) blah blah blah and etcetera. You have internal squabbles, just like in RPGs, but the next day and the next thread none of the previous day's meaningless bickering counts for shit and you begin anew praising this or bashing that. Now I don't know about you, but if I had a member of my party that just keep chewing my flesh non-stop, day in and day out, regardless of topic or originality, I wouldn't play them, in fact, next time I booted the game I'd make sure I killed them, just so I couldn't have them forced upon me by some cruel twist of retarded plot-line. However, if I was travelling around with someone who kept picking up on every single potentially conflicting statement by someone else in the party, I have no doubt I would do the same. What I'd really like is companions who are just companions. Where words and their replies make some semblance of sense and where you can call someone a ridiculous cunt every now and then, without either being the permanent.

But lying here in my grave wondering about such things is merely a time killer. Something to eat away the inertia of motionlessness. When you are buried while still mentally active, this is condition you are forced into, that of purely cranial activity. I tried making some music by tapping some of my sticky-out bones against the box while humming "It's a long way to Tipperary" but, quite soon into it, I felt like committing suicide, which confused me greatly. So I went back to thinking about things. Becasuse that's what I like about good RPGs, they tend to require a good element of thought. You just use your fingers and your cranium when you play (though I must confess to complete ignorance with regard to any Wii Sports RPGs). When you post to a forum it's much the same process, just the fingers and the cranium really. Hmmm, now I think about it, I guess posting when your dead is a feasible solution. I'm not entirely sure if the dead and the living have much in common, but it's certainly worth considering. There appears to be a worm crawling up my nostril, please excuse me for a minute…

MyLittlePony_Friendship_is_Magic_Wallpapersize_Fanart.png

Haha. Call 2 posters shit for brains, after they put you on ignore because you insulted another poster, and wonder why you get banned? Seriously deranged.

Okay I take it all back, this guy is absolutely cray cray.

:lol:

That's more of a shit given than I had after finding 5+ years of the site owner of RPG Codex himself trolling me and posting personal info about me.

:lol:

That's more of a shit given than I had after finding 5+ years of the site owner of RPG Codex himself trolling me and posting personal info about me.

What thread? How personal? :) Also whats the PIN to your CC?

What thread? How personal? :) Also whats the PIN to your CC?

He revealed my former workplace back in 2008 or so, but it's in the general discussion area so I can't get to it (if he's not deleted it). That led to some idiots on the site trying to get me fired, fortunately my boss could care less.

Then years of saying that this other guy (fretrider) is me, including lying and saying we had the same IP address, and refusing to let me post on the site to clear things up. That part, has been gone over on this board before, where mods show we don't even post on same continent. All this against someone trying to make and sell a game that would appeal to them.

Right then I decided I would never make an RPG since this is how most the fans are. Instead it will be strategy game, which doesn't attract these same mentally unstable degenerates.

I do so enjoy a good round of righteous indignation. Is this really going to go anywhere? What's done is done. There's really no need for self-appointed white knights to ride to the rescue here. Your attempt to build a persecution complex out of thin air was rather poorly done, if I do say so myself. Martyrdom is best done subtly, or it just comes off as opportunistic self-promotion.

He's white knighted on this forum so many times, so what do you expect? And more shenanigans from the Codex, why am I not surprised? It's a common meeting ground for the deranged types. I checked the thread in the OP and asides from it being filled with long winded rants from RandomAccount, it's also filled with general nonsense from everyone else there. I have no clue what's even going on in that thread but tbh, I don't want to find out really. MinorityReport will feel right at home there, suffice to say.

He revealed my former workplace back in 2008 or so, but it's in the general discussion area so I can't get to it (if he's not deleted it). That led to some idiots on the site trying to get me fired, fortunately my boss could care less.

Then years of saying that this other guy (fretrider) is me, including lying and saying we had the same IP address, and refusing to let me post on the site to clear things up. That part, has been gone over on this board before, where mods show we don't even post on same continent. All this against someone trying to make and sell a game that would appeal to them.

Right then I decided I would never make an RPG since this is how most the fans are. Instead it will be strategy game, which doesn't attract these same mentally unstable degenerates.

I've seen them stalking Bioware employees so yeah, I believe you.

He and his mods have insisted I was you for years as well, even though I had never interacted with you until today and didn't know who you were. I just rolled my eyes every time but I found it obsessive how I had people defaming me for years on end relentlessly. At some point in a thread about posting your voice I posted a clip of myself speaking in native French and called him out to show how wrong he and his cronies had been for years, and he said "I had gotten someone else to speak in my place".

That's one thing that I always found pathetic about the Codex and called out: constantly going on about how irreverent they are and how people on all other forums are nothing but bootlickers, and yet they all suck up to the head admin continuously. They point out how on other places the administration is nothing but bullies and they are about unfiltered freedom of expression, and yet they have a tremendous bully as an admin who proudly and openly picks on black sheeps by giving them denigrating tags, and makes them jump through a million hoops like a poodle to maybe have a chance to recuperate their accounts.

They like to make diatribes about how rotten everyone else is, but they can't stand when someone points out some of their hypocrisies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom