General News - Top 20 RPGs in 2016

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Haven't seen enough lists yet? If so, then here is one from Gameranx, with the 20 best RPGs coming out this year (according to them).

More information.

As usual with lists, some crap there; albion online really? lost ark? :lol:

I'm personally wondering how they call these unreleased games "the best off" anything. It's more "most hyped RPGs that might coming out in 2016".

joxer will be happy though, Technomancer is on the list.

Yup… most anticipated, not TOP.... we'll see what will be top !

I think it is a good mix of RPGS. The list brings both PC and consoles RPGs, Western and J-RPGs, some AAA titles, others not so much...

Hearing lots of good stuff about Albion. Haven't played it myself, but sounds a lot like good ol Ultima with some Eve Online in it.

Not sure why, but I've always been a Final Fantasy player and I'm neither anticipating nor hyping FFXV in any way.

Those sites need to be added on "to ignore indefinetly" list.
Either they're paid by publishers to advertise garbage, ignorant fools or are deliberately trolling the community. Perhaps are all three.

RPG is not MMO. Never was, never will be and pushing MMO idiocy does not up a game quality, in fact it ruins it.

Haven't seen enough lists yet?

I really have. Personally, I would prefer that we didn't have so many of these in the news section - I don't really think it's news.

Best list of Top 20 lists of Game of the Year lists.

I must be the only RPG fan who hasn't played Mass Effect. Seriously. I remember starting it and all was well, until I found out that I'm expected to play some sort of action game using a vehicle on another planet against a giant worm. My senses told me that was not an RPG game anymore, and I couldn't beat that worm, so I got frustrated and uninstalled it.

Pretty fun (and embarrassing) to remember it now that it's one of the most well-known series. I'll need to install it again one day and play it. But the memory of that worm has been keeping me from doing it for years. C'mon, I want to play an RPG, not a vehicle combat game with awkward controls. And what do I do if I'm bad at vehicle combat, upload my save and ask someone else to kill the worm for me? That would make me feel like a loser. :'( And if there are many such instances of vehicle combat, I'd hang myself before finishing the game or something.

Not directly on topic, but it's just another top20 lists, so… at least I said something other than the list being bad (which it is anyway).

But you are talking about the third part, right?
Imho the first part was mediocre and the second was extremely good. However the difficulty level was very low on both. And I don't remember any vehicle combats at all.

Was already one of the most well known series before the third part was released though. ^^

No, I'm talking about the first part. :) I remember getting onto another planet and riding in a vehicle and that's where I stopped playing, after we got attacked by a giant worm.

The plot didn't grab me, either, it was kind of childish, at least by that point. One person given ultimate power and authority for silly reasons, blahblahblah.

I heard that you have to go to many more different planets in the first part, which kept me from playing it further. I didn't want more vehicle combat.

Ah, true…just checked some videos and I remember now.
I think I didn't have any problems with it, but I can understand that it's not a highlight of someone expecting a classical RPG. ^^

What I disliked most, was the Combat itself which felt wonky, and the item system with it's generic loot.

In ME2 however they:
-Got rid of vehicle combat (well, the reintroduced vehicles with an optional DLC as a (horrible) 3D platformer game)
-Got rid of the item system, which imho was a good thing as the system was pretty bad
-Improved on the Combat…which was decent now

I must be the only RPG fan who hasn't played Mass Effect. Seriously. I remember starting it and all was well, until I found out that I'm expected to play some sort of action game using a vehicle on another planet against a giant worm. My senses told me that was not an RPG game anymore, and I couldn't beat that worm, so I got frustrated and uninstalled it.
(...)

Then we are two, Elel, as I never played any Mass Effect game until now.
At least, as you said above, you installed it and played it to some extent. I never did.

I loved Mass Effect, but controlling that moon buggy was like trying to push a beachball up the stairs, with your nose. Horrible controls, but didn't put me off the game. They sensibly removed it for the second game.

Back
Top Bottom