Ubisoft - Might and Magic 10 Teased - to be Revealed @ PAX East

Problem is 4 million is not enough to say hey that works.

Lol, we know nothing and yet some people already are in bitching mode? Can't we just wait for info to base the bitching on?

I think it's great. I loved the M&M RPG series. I don't mind if some things are changed and I am eager to see more.

That's great news.
I've played them all to completion… except for MM1 and the horrible MM9, which killed the series. M&M 3 was my favorite. I'd love to see the return of stepped movement… something like Legend of Grimrock, only with outdoor environments and a global scale… but that will never happen.

Never say never :biggrin:

haha, you are such a shill.

Hey it was worth it. I learned a new word.

verb (used with object)

to advertise or promote (a product) as or in the manner of a huckster; hustle: He was hired to shill a new TV show.

Now that's just mean :'(

Hey it was worth it. I learned a new word.

verb (used with object)

to advertise or promote (a product) as or in the manner of a huckster; hustle: He was hired to shill a new TV show.

Now that's just mean :'(

Nah, I bought your original:) I'm going to buy the next:)

Have to emphasize that. At best a mainstream RPG at worst they via kickstarter saw the market for selling games to gamers starving for oldschool RPGs and will try to make a quick buck like some of the kickstarters we've seen.

If this was Kickstarted as a traditional party based RPG that would be AWESOME! :D

Daniel.

I'm not sure if anyone is pining for a return to Might and Magic I or II. So far, that's all Charles has produced. His games aren't really Might and Magic as I fondly remember it. I've constantly harped at him to update his stuff to at least a Might and Magic III level of inventory, skills, etc, but he's resistant to the idea. He is one of the 6 people on planet Earth that prefers the extremely limited interface of those ancient games. His graphics level is about MM3, though I don't remember seeing monsters moving towards the party…..

His game is okay, but it doesn't really fill the Might and Magic need. I'll need some convincing, but I'm a potential customer if there are enough improvements to Underworld in his next endeavor. However, Charles is an indie and I expect much more from Ubi.

On the other hand, I would buy MM III-VIII again at full price if someone would just update the graphics to a Skyrim level and leave everything else the same.

That was really just a whimsical pun attempt on my part. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, sorry. There should be other opportunities to discuss said improvements. Carry on :)

Lol, we know nothing and yet some people already are in bitching mode? Can't we just wait for info to base the bitching on?

Apparently you don't hang around internet message boards much.

Ach… if only…

Funny that we seem to be the only ones here who preferred the early games. While I thought VI had a groundbreaking concept and ambition, it wasn't much of a M&M game anymore. Much of it felt a bit empty and soulless, and its incoherent art direction took more of my enjoyment. Arbitrarily disconnecting the later games from the original science fantasy lore closed that chapter for me.
Well M&M VI was quite "massive" for my taste too, but for me the perfect balance was found in M&M VII, the best in my opinion of the newest M&M games. And there was always some connection to the sci fi part of the game, only that subtler each title. But the last mission in M&M VII was into a fallen spaceship full of robots... so I think that's quite sci fi :p

Aye, I also feel MM7 was the pinnacle of the series. It's one of my all time favourites. Simply a brilliant game.

Because that's when PAX East starts. I assume they'll present the game there.
I was just hinting that something would be revealed earlier, and M&MX has been announced today ;)

KEY FEATURES
Forge your own tactics:

Through the Might & Magic traditional and acclaimed first-person turn-based gameplay system, lead your team of four Heroes in their journey!

Choose your gender among four different races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, the choice is yours! Each race also boasts three unique classes, each one having their own skills and abilities.

Defeat creatures and unique bosses, fulfill challenging quests, level up your group, and earn new powerful artifacts.

Classic RPG at its finest!

Turn based, first person, party based, different classes and races…

And there's an official site with a trailer.

There is hope friends :)

I'm so on it, I'm also glad that this comes after Ubisoft decided to remove their stupid DRM from their games. I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom