Dead State - Early Access FAQ

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
DoubleBear Productions has an FAQ for the Early Access version of Dead State.

Dead State: The First Seven Days - Early Access Demo Coming Soon!

Dead State: The First Seven Days is an early preview of the first week of Dead State's gameplay - an opportunity to prepare your strategy for the full game. You'll meet some of your initial allies, explore a dozen or so locations, and settle into your base of operations, the Shelter. There are several solid hours of gameplay in the Early Access alone, and it barely scratches the surface of what the full game will provide.

Q&A:

1. Why is our game in Early Access?

We are releasing on early access to show our progress to Kickstarter backers/pre-order customers, as well as to bring the pre-release game to potential customers who supported us on Greenlight and have been asking us to bring a version of the game out on Steam. We would also like to get feedback on this earlier revision of the game so that we can improve the game for release.

2. How long do we plan to be in Early Access?

Our current goal is no more than 3-5 months, though we would like to release the final game as perfect and bug-free as possible.

3. What is the current state of the game?

The game is about to enter Beta internally, though we may decide to take extra time and revamp some of the current systems and assets.

4. What features are we planning to add to the game?

Right now, we're working on getting additional content/areas/art into the game, revamping some of the GUIs, and working on improving AI. The biggest missing features right now are Save/Load, final intros/endings, our final XP system, some skill/perk functionality, and animal NPCs, but these features along with many others are planned for future updates.

5. What is our pricing strategy during and after Early Access?

Early Access will be discounted to $24.99 until release, at which point the price will be $30.

6. How can the Steam Community help us during our development process?

We will be monitoring gameplay feedback from the Community, tracking technical issues, helping players with bugs/issues, and making sure players are kept informed about changes and release info.
More information.

The FAQ is missing the most important part....like WHEN is it ever going to be available! :p

Seems a bit costly for what it is and compared to similar products but I'll probably pick it up since I've been following it for seemingly ever.

Well it does say 3-5 months after Early Access. Though based on Steam it hasn't started yet. Then it says they can delay it more if they feel like it. Talk about contradictions.

So lets say late this year or maybe sometime in 2015.<_<

This is actually one Early Access I am going to check out. Not because I want to play it yet, but because I am really wondering how far they have come.
The progess they are doing seems to be exceptionally slow. Much like age of decadence I expect them to need quite a while to finish the game.
Well, got no problem with releasing an early access if it helps them doing so.

Back
Top Bottom