Where do you go after leaving Ubisoft?

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Jade Raymond left Ubi.
The new studio she'll run is called Motive. And it belongs to…
To the same *ehm*, new wrapping company, right?

Her CV is clear: the long-time Assassin’s Creed boss.
Everyone knows about latest AC entry (Unity, not the bloody phonegame china), how boring and broken on the release it was.
I've also mentioned poor PC port of AC3 (controls in main game story) and even poorer AC4 port (microstutters caused by unoptimized code a la Gothic3).

You may say I'm paranoic, but this just doesn't sound good:
Motive will work “in close quarters” with the BioWare team in Montreal, currently working on Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Someone please persuade me to be an optimist about this.

Jade haven't worked on an Assasin's Creed game since the second one. She was sent to Toronto a few years ago to start another Ubi studio there. Something she did with brio from what I gathered. She left Ubi last year (all gaming studios in Canada have the anti-business with competitor 1 year clause)

Seems like EA hired her to do something similar in the vacant Visceral office space they had in Montreal since 2013 (which is on the same building as the BioWare studio, hence the "close quarters"). Motives is going to help on Amy Henning & Todd Stashwick's Star Wars game (that's the writers, the dev studio working on the game is the same as Dead Space).

You sure about all that? If it's so, I feel relieved.
Not interested a single bit in new SW MMO.

It's not going to be a SW MMO, according to the rumor it's more going to be Uncharted with a Star Wars skin.

Uncharted? Wasn't it supposed to be Battlefield with SW skins?

You are confusing games. Dice is working on Star War Battlegrounds which release later this year. That is the "Battlefield with a SW skins", although the SW Battleground series started in 2004…

Visceral is working on a "open world" Star Wars game with Amy Henning as Creative Director and writer. She basically created the Uncharted series, hence the rumor. Probably helped by the hints (from her and others) that you play Han Solo in it. This is the game Motives is going to help with.

I'm only interested in Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil by Ubi Soft right now.
Everything else doesn't matter to me now.

Back
Top Bottom