YouTube videos slightly skipping?

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone. =)

This is a minor issue, but still a bit of an annoying one. I'll be watching a YouTube video that I made in 1080p 60 FPS on YouTube, and every once awhile it skips a little bit.

By skips, I mean it's like a quick stutter that sounds like a bad audio edit. It usually only skips a few milliseconds, but it's a bit jarring.

When I check the video with my media player on my computer, there are no skips in the video. It only happens when watching in YouTube.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I have a Geforce 970 GPU and a SoundBlaster Audigy RX 7.1 soundcard.

Any general troubleshooting I should start with here? All I've tried so far is turning off Nvidia Control Panel settings, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Pladio, it definitely can. I have a 100 Mbps connection.

I used to stream 1080p at 60 FPS fine with my Alienware laptop. Now that I have a new computer it's got this microstutter issue, so I'm thinking the issue has to do with my configuration or some rogue setting somewhere, and not the connection.

While I couldn't care less for youtube vids and am avoiding wasting my precious time on that site, I bet the culprit is internet provider in this case.
Switch to another.

Pladio, it definitely can. I have a 100 Mbps connection.

I used to stream 1080p at 60 FPS fine with my Alienware laptop. Now that I have a new computer it's got this microstutter issue, so I'm thinking the issue has to do with my configuration or some rogue setting somewhere, and not the connection.

A few things to try then :

1. Try a few different browsers then and see if that helps.
2. If using Chrome or IE, disable hardware acceleration
3. If using FireFox, disable Protected Mode:
To disable protected mode do the following in Firefox:

Type about:config in the address bar.
Search for "dom.ipc.plugins.flash.disable-protected-mode" and change its value to "true".
Restart Firefox.
4. Delete the contents of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (should be the cache of flash files - I don't take any responsibility if anything goes wrong though)

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Pladio. I will see how things go with hardware acceleration turned off.

Well, I still notice the occasional micro-skip on my own 1080p 60 FPS videos on YouTube, but I haven't tested other videos much to see if it happens to them, too. Ah well.

Thanks for the help you guys! =)

Back
Top Bottom