Tyranny - Gameplay Trailer From the Ashes

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In a new trailer for Tyranny, some gameplay is shown for the first time.

This trailer, which debuted at the PC Gaming Show at E3, shows the gameplay of Tyranny in action for the first time, along with a glimpse of what challenges lie in store as a Fatebinder in the game’s dark and cruel world. The world of Tyranny is a realm where the forces of evil have triumphed, and players must find their role within the empire of Kyros the Overlord – imposing their will as arbiter and executioner among the subjugated peoples of the tiers. This merely one of many paths that a Fatebinder might walk.

More information.

Looking too much like PoE making me unattracted to it whatsoever

and i hate these cheap glaphic novel-style intros

That was the first thing that came to my mind too, hope I'm wrong.
Well Obsidian probably used unity again, and reused some assets from PoE. If that's indeed true it's probably why Tyranny was developed in such a short amount of time.

Last edited:
See I loved PoE well not my first play through, though the second one a few months ago with all the patches and both WM.

So I am interested to see what becomes of this game.

Hmm, where's the obligatory Tranny mention?

I don't have an issue with the game engine; just the overall theme. Thus far I haven't seen anything to change my mind on that score.

No problem at all for me, I liked PoE and if they reuse the engine for 10 more games, I'll be excited for 10 more games.

Hmm, where's the obligatory Tranny mention.
Maybe members finally grew up as that joke got stale fast.:p
See I loved PoE well not my first play through, though the second one a few months ago with all the patches and both WM.

So I am interested to see what becomes of this game.
No problem at all for me, I liked PoE and if they reuse the engine for 10 more games, I'll be excited for 10 more games.
PoE was indeed an enjoyable RPG, and I wish Obsidian would make more RPGs with the engine also. Maybe the rumored future Pathfinder game might use the engine.

Hmm, where's the obligatory Tranny mention?

I don't have an issue with the game engine; just the overall theme. Thus far I haven't seen anything to change my mind on that score.

I was a big fan of the premise, but after the ridiculous lore updates and the sophomoric short stories I don't have any faith in the writing.

At least it will have awsum combos and stuff

+ 1
I am wishing for the same, a pathfinder game.

luj1 said:

axellslade said:
That was the first thing that came to my mind too, hope I'm wrong.

Well Obsidian probably used unity again, and reused some assets from PoE. If that's indeed true it's probably why Tryanny was developed in such a short amount of time.

Yes. And since its called Tyranny noone should complain that there is something unattractive or unbearable… :)

Particle effects shine in this trailer. The rest, especially the combat will probably be a horrible mess A'la Pillars of EWretchety.

i hate these cheap glaphic novel-style intros
I love them.

Not only because I adore comics but also because they can't look better than the game itself. Unlike CGI intros.

Maybe members finally grew up as that joke got stale fast.:p

PoE was indeed an enjoyable RPG, and I wish Obsidian would make more RPGs with the engine also. Maybe the rumored future Pathfinder game might use the engine.

Apparently they are developing a sequel to the game now..

So let me see

- this game developed in ridicilously short timeframe
- using unity again
- using old assets again
- looks exactly like PoE

so yeah, another watered-down Obsidian's B-team jerk-off

BUT you will always have low-standard hipster audience

I liked PoE and if they reuse the engine for 1000 more games, I'll be excited for 1000 more games.

YEAH BABY

No… but I find I must correct myself. Sir Trolly McTrollface is more etymologically correct. :p
Well I actually like that nickname even if the reply was intended for another member. Hmm maybe I'll make a new avatar image for this forum.

Just have to make the face more potato like.:thinking:
trollface_00416855.jpg

Back
Top Bottom