Do we want the missing thread at RPGwatch

• yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • no

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
*sigh*

Like speaking to a child.

6 out of the 7 people who have posted in this thread have given the idea a big "no". Don't take it personally, we just aren't interested.

Like speaking to a 2 year old now for me: 5 out of the 7 people you talk about said no. 1 thinks it's a good thing to flame and insult another.

@Jaz If one makes an insult (and tries to hide it with 'don't take this as an insult'), an admin knows what to do -> You (actually txa1265) were quick enough to play the ball when I was the one.

For another gameidea (that doesn't resemble spam as the One Word game :D
) there's the "Picture Battle". The idea is that someone (IE me) posts a picture, and then the next person comes up with a picture that beats the picture I posted. Then someone else comes up with yet another picture that battles THAT picture, and so on. The important thing isn't so much the picture though, the important thing is WHY your picture battles the previous picture. There shall allways be a coherensive explanation, though not necesarily "true". For instance you can battle a picture of Paris Hilton with a sumowrestler because the sumowrestler has bigger boobs (or an amoeba because it's smarter if you preferr that), but battling a picture of PH with say a shoe because Tokyo is the capital of Japan isn't really ok.

Those can be quite fun. Another fun one on a board I frequent is that somebody posts a picture from a TV series or movie (the board is a sci-fi board, so it's often something genre-related that gets posted) and people come up with captions.

There's also the buried guess-the-movie thread around here somewhere.

One major problem with Pic threads is the amount of bandwidth they tend to chew up with the resulting slowdown of loading times. Admins such as Jaz would need to make and enforce strict posting rules for it!!

Ah, that's right too. I keep forgetting that the internet is not all just magic!

If people post (mostly) links to pictures, picture threads aren't problematic. See the Mystery Scene thread Gallifrey mentioned.

Ah yes, the Mystery Scene Thread, that was pretty fun and had a good run. Gig's knowledge of film obscura caught me off guard, she gave me a run for my money on a few of those cult and campy horror classics!

Random word games have never interested me, but I do like puzzle word games if someone busts out a thread w/ something of that nature, I'll play.

If people post (mostly) links to pictures, picture threads aren't problematic. See the Mystery Scene thread Gallifrey mentioned.

Exactly, you just make a rule that you're not allowed to hotlink pics, and that problem is out of the world.

Übereil

what about a riddle game? that's very RPG. it could help us in our individual games.

Last edited:
Puzzles I'm ok at. Riddles, I plain suck at, so no riddles please :) BTW I voted yes. Why not have it. That's the lovely thing about freedom. You're free to ignore the thread or free to join in. Isn't freedom fun :)

Well, first we have to define 'freedom', and then 'fun'. That is probably a topic better suited for the P&R forum!! :)

LMAO, naaah just create the thread and if people want to join in on the fun then go ahead but if they want to laugh and avoid it like the plauge then by all means do so. I just love freedom of choice in action.

Isn't that pretty much what I said :p?
Skavenhorde, I see a wonderful friendship blooming...

mmm the riddle thing looks good to me. very interesting. I won't be good at it but it will be fun :) so I would rather vote for that

Don't vote - do it!

If each egg has one nog, and each apple has five seeds, each orange have one peel, and each coconut has one shell, 20 seeds weight as much as one orange peel, and one coconut shell weight as much as 20 nogs, the cocunot milk weight as much as 6 seeds, the egg without nog weights as much as the orange without peel, a orange with peel weight as much as 3 eggs with nog, how many of each will you need for the eggs, apples, coconuts and oranges to all weight the same?

Mmmmmuuuuusssstttt not look at the riddle....Must resist thinking about the riddle...AHHHH too late my litte rat head just blew up :faint: That riddle sorta reminded me of the text adventures in Space Rangers 2.

@Jaz Great minds think alike ;)

Not liking fruits and being a mathematician I would say: Zero of each will do.

Edit: GG: Are you sure, that the information is correct and complete? I get several possible solutions, but none of them looks nice and simple (e. g. 126 Apples, 90 Eggs, 30 oranges and 5 Coconuts). At least you get a terrible stomach ache.
2.Edit: And anyways I always believed that you cannot compare apples and oranges.

There is more than one possible solution. (Trivial proof: pick any positive integer n, any solution (a, e, o, c), and n(a, e, o, c) will also be a solution.)

Back
Top Bottom