Underrail - Dev Log #31, Blood Sports

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Styg has once again released a new update for Underrail this time with information on the biggest, and the most difficult section of the game Core City.

As usual you can ask him any question on our forums.

Blood Sports

Hey guys. We've been quiet lately, but that's only because we've been working hard on the biggest and the most difficult section of the game, center of the game world, the metropolis that is Core City.

The Core City is the place of extremes. On one hand we have the oligarch families and their associates who live lives of luxury (or at least what can be considered such in the world of Underrail) while on the other hand the slums are filled with the poor that perish daily from hunger, disease and gang fighting.

The masters of Core City know how to keep the masses complacent though. What started as place for gangs to settle their disputes has grown to become the most popular form of entertainment in the city and the whole of Underrail. We're talking about the Arena, the Roman style field of combat where they pit men against various deadly creatures as well as gladiator against gladiator. All for the viewing pleasure of the numerous Arena fans. Watching people die violently is the favorite pastime for the oppressed masses of Core City.
More information.

Anyone playing this? I like to give it a try but since its is still an alpha version i am in doubt.

I've played it almost a year ago and it's a nice game. I didn't finish it nor will I replay it until it's fully released. It's just too spoilery to play RPGs in alpha/beta/early release.

Anyone playing this? I like to give it a try but since its is still an alpha version i am in doubt.
I played the demo a while back now and bought the Alpha to support the developper in what appears to me like a labour of love. All I can say is give this game a try and I'm sure you'll be convinced. I followed the project since the early stages and I find it amazing to see how much it's changed ; what has been accomplished and how professional it looks now is fascinating. What began merely as another Rogue-like has turned as a true successor to the Fallout series, on par with Wasteland 2, only with a smaller budget. The spirit's here !

I played the demo a while back now and bought the Alpha to support the developper in what appears to me like a labour of love. All I can say is give this game a try and I'm sure you'll be convinced. I followed the project since the early stages and I find it amazing to see how much it's changed ; what has been accomplished and how professional it looks now is fascinating. What began merely as another Rogue-like has turned as a true successor to the Fallout series, on par with Wasteland 2, only with a smaller budget. The spirit's here !

Well thats true, support alone should be enough for now.

Very good Fallout I-II-style fun. I wish Obsidian was working with him to speed up development or the original Van Buren team.

Haven't played for awhile now either since I want to enjoy the final release, but what I have played I really enjoyed. VERY much in the spirit/style of the original FO's!!

Haven't played it in a while, since I'm waiting for a full release. Still one of the most impressive indies - given the size of the team.

I bought the Early access a couple of weeks ago to support the development. I had nothing better to do so I figured I could try it for just an hour or so. Something like 30-40hours later I managed to stop. Excellent game.

What began merely as another Rogue-like has turned as a true successor to the Fallout series, on par with Wasteland 2, only with a smaller budget. The spirit's here !
I have to disagree with this. Underrail is a far closer successor to Fallout, and just flat out more fun than Wasteland 2.

Yeah, I'd much rather play Underrail than Wasteland 2 - based on my experience with both of them.

Wasteland's combat system is more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom