Bloom - Update #4,The Art of Characters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Studio Fawn has posted a new kickstarter update for Bloom: Memories that gives us a look at the art of the ingame characters.

The Art of Characters

Hey everyone, Dani here again (as always). Thanks so much for sticking with us. For those who haven't tried out the demo, it seems like most of the big bugs are sorted out (so worth a look in update 1). Sadly we saw a bit of a slowdown this week on the campaign though; but at least we are inching closer.

If you can, please tweet or post to facebook (or post to forums or anything else) about Bloom and let’s push to reach more people. With your support, we can push through to the goal and start hitting some stretch goals (such as the first one, Russian + German + 1 additional language supported on launch).

Anyhow, onto the update!

Last time we talked about how I approached the maps in the game. From early concepts, down the line through what happens to bring it into the game. This time I want to talk about the creatures and characters in the game.

In much the same way as I approach maps, characters also begin in a rough sketch phase. These are kept loose and revolve around quick exploration of ideas as I draw. I actually have quite a lot of these to work from, and many are roughed out into 3d already (but more on that later).
More information.

These are 3D models?

90fe619c58700e4fbccc5130dd4d33b8_large.jpg

Very nice work. Not a trace of the uncanny valley.

Back
Top Bottom