Arcania - Video, Screens @ PC Games.de

Sounds as if the "Divinity 2 Sonic the hedgehog - jumping" from the first :div2: videos already had an impact on the gaming community ... ;)

Seriously, I rather asume that this speed was achieved through developers cheating.

I'm guessing this is an early version? No NPCs or enemies at all.

Combat is obviously Fable style and not Gothic style. Not necessarily bad in terms of gameplay, but I think it kills the immersion factor to have a cartoon in my game.

The engine seems pretty decent, though, and I have to admit some of the environments looked very appealing. The large tree structure was especially interesting and it's the kind of world I wouldn't mind exploring, that is, if they get the details right.

Combat is obviously Fable style and not Gothic style. Not necessarily bad in terms of gameplay, but I think it kills the immersion factor to have a cartoon in my game.

I think it's bad in terms of gameplay, at least for Gothic fans. Fable was terrible as a crpg, and any comparisons to that game are a bad sign imo.

I think it's bad in terms of gameplay, at least for Gothic fans. Fable was terrible as a crpg, and any comparisons to that game are a bad sign imo.

Well, in my opinion, not every game has to be Gothic. I'm looking to Risen for that experience, and if Arcania is good in other ways - I don't mind an action-heavy combat system. This naturally depends on whether this click-fest combat is GOOD or not. It's all about execution, and I don't have much faith in this game. However, I think it's only fair to keep an open mind.

I liked Fable a lot, actually, but it was way too short for all it tried to do.

All I could think of when I was playing Fable was how I'd rather be playing Gothic. :)

Let's put it this way:

Fable was fun, cute, and charming
Gothic was absolutely brilliant

But as there will never be a new Gothic when you need one, you'll have to make do :)

Back
Top Bottom