Witcher 3 The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade?

The Witcher 3

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch
Seeing the new videos and screens from TW3, it is a significant downgrade in quality compared to what we saw originally, do you guys think they released it was too heavy on the machines and they couldn't get good FPS, or are they now taking all screenshots on consoles?

I don't see why they'd wouldn't use the best version of the game to show it off? so why would they take videos and screenshots from consoles? maybe they just had to downgrade it all because of too low FPS?

What do you guys think?

I've yet to see a new TW3 PC video - so I don't see a reason to be concerned. I never expect early PR material to reflect release reality, though - but that's because I'm fortunate enough to have long-term memory :)

I stopped obsessing over the visual details after the Oblivion dynamic shadows debacle.

That said, every single screen and video of TW3, so far, has shown a game I want to play and which is beautiful.

I guess that's enough for me.

doesnt matter, game still looks spectacular to me; now for how its optimised, thats another thing

Yes it does looks like downgrade to me as well from the previous videos but its still fine looking. Based on what I have read on other boards they were demoing the PC version...

For an open world game it looks excellent with fluid animations. It is not practical to compare this to Witcher 2 or other space and resource limited games.

Looking at the original trailer, I think there are two major differences, both of which probably stem from the trailer scenes being hand-animated and positioned. The movement of the characters in the trailer, particularly in combat, is far more dynamic than what we see in the gameplay videos. I suspect these were specially rigged animations for the trailer, before the actual combat mechanics were implemented. Also, a cinematic depth of field is applied to the trailer scenes, which again is much easier if you are hand creating the scene. This effect is not very evident in the gameplay footage.

They already said they were not showing PC on ultra pre-launch (actually it might come post-launch as well).

All assets are shared with the consoles (for a time/cost reasons), if you have to cry about graphics, go cry to Microsoft/Sony for making shitty consoles to start with.

On nvidia demo I saw no significant downgrade really, it looked fantastic on youtube.
And youtube downgrades stuff.

But this recent quest demo that has joystick whatnot controls displayed on lower right... Definetly looks downgraded before youtube's own quality drop and I bet it's captured on consoles. Maybe it is not, but then I can't explain why were they using gamepad for it.

Another thing. I'm running GTX760. When TW2 was released I can't now remember what GPU I had, but I couldn't run ubersampling.
Meanwhile, Ubi released Watch Dogs and instead of leaving a sort of ubersampling in the game as options, they cut them out - not because PC couldn't run them but because it looked too fancy compared to consoles. And my 760 can run that beauty unlocked with a mod.

Thus I believe CDpr will leave all options selectable in the game. Filthy rich guys politically correct called enthusiasts with pair of Titans will use them. I won't be able to put everything on max. Yet.
Big deal. :D

What do you guys think?

The graphics are just fine. The real problem is the "game" being a giant snorefest thats more like an animated novel with different endings. Most gamers wouldn't even want this for free. Then again, there are plenty of nerds willing to pay 50 bucks for some crudely animated sex scenes.
It just doesn't have a place being discussed in a games forum. It belongs to some weaboo board like 4chin or so.

The graphics are just fine. The real problem is the "game" being a giant snorefest thats more like an animated novel with different endings. Most gamers wouldn't even want this for free. Then again, there are plenty of nerds willing to pay 50 bucks for some crudely animated sex scenes.
It just doesn't have a place being discussed in a games forum. It belongs to some weaboo board like 4chin or so.
Lets give another troll a standing ovation guys. They seem to keep popping up when you least expect them. I could compare them to cockroaches If I was cruel.:biggrin:

TypingTroll.gif

Last edited:
there are plenty of nerds willing to pay 50 bucks for some crudely animated sex scenes.
Just 50?
I'll pay 10 times that. Oh, wait, I already did - ME series with it's all DLC.

And when did steam crybabies illness spread all over internet? Every day there is a new troll bashing a game they didn't play and posting like a spokesman of the players majority.
For all I know TW3 doesn't contain any "crudely animated sex scenes". And even if it does, why should I hate the game for that? I'm not a bloody parasitic paid for nothing - censor.

To all who have a problem with games they didn't buy and didn't play like in this case The Witcher 3 I suggest buying a phone and knocking themself out with Candy Crush Saga. If that doesn't help, Dungeon Keeper should cure any illness.

Please Couch don't feed the troll… :p

You need to think about the future basharran, if he gets big enough we can eat it once we reach the next RPG drought.

Because calling an honest contributor a troll is easier than actually discussing unwelcome truths about their favorite game they never played.

Well I can already tell you will not be a productive member of this site.

I so do love the ignore button on the forum.^^

Because calling an honest contributor a troll is easier than actually discussing unwelcome truths about their favorite game they never played.

I don't see any unwanted truths, only unwanted opinions. I think people are assuming your a troll because what your saying is so outlandish and baseless.

I'll bite though, why would you think it will be boring and that most gamers won't want it? It's obviouly not based on hands on experience.

I mean, plenty of gamers wanted the first 2 so why would they not want the 3rd?

I don't see any unwanted truths, only unwanted opinions. I think people are assuming your a troll because what your saying is so outlandish and baseless.
Exactly he is a new member who implies were nerds for looking forward to playing Witcher 3, and goes on to say the game shouldn't be covered on the site.

He then mentions 4chan so I lost all interest in what he has to say.:)

Back
Top Bottom