Divinity: Original Sin - Update 1.0.63 Released

Triss is a lost cause forget about her. Rivellon beckons you with a good story without dwarves.

Technically, there are dwarves in Rivellon...

Waiting for NPC schedules

I'm a KS backer, so I have the game, but I think I'm going to wait until day/night cycles and NPC scheduling gets added, however long that takes. Anyone know how long that will be? They said they were forced to remove it from release, but never (to my knowledge) said when it would be added back.

They have stated no plans to add those features; though I suppose they could change their mind at some point in the future given how invasive such a change would be I have my doubts.
-
They have stated intention to add two more companions and more useful/interesting companion ai sometime in august.
-
Vaguely I thinkt hey are going to add mroe content but not sure why I think that or when it would occur (more content as in area or area changes). They might have other plans or announced other plans but I've not heard them yet.
-

I'm a KS backer, so I have the game, but I think I'm going to wait until day/night cycles and NPC scheduling gets added, however long that takes. Anyone know how long that will be? They said they were forced to remove it from release, but never (to my knowledge) said when it would be added back.

day/night cycles
Not happening, removed feature, game design adapted to noncycles, game instantly got better as there is no timed quest or timed puzzle.

NPC scheduling
Eh… What?
Only NPC personalities are "on hold" and will be added later. Pretty irrelevant as you can currently develop a personality of your characters through the dialogue.

The only patch that is needed is one that will let me put the game down.

I had the day to myself yesterday and spent a good 10 hours straight playing it. Okay I lied it was more like 13 hours( bed at 3:30am).

There are no serious bugs, the game is just...wait let me just finish this short like quest and I will finish this thought.

Not happening, removed feature, game design adapted to noncycles, game instantly got better as there is no timed quest or timed puzzle.

Eh… What?
Only NPC personalities are "on hold" and will be added later. Pretty irrelevant as you can currently develop a personality of your characters through the dialogue.

NPC scheduling goes with day/night cycles. It just means that NPCs don't stand around in one place but actually perform daily routines as real people would. Helps immensely with immersion. I didn't back the game until this stretch goal was added as it's very important to me. Instantly makes any game better, IMHO.

At some point they said they were forced to drop it from the release version, which certainly implies that they intend to keep their promise of adding it back to the game. I can wait until then. Plenty of games to play in the meantime.

AI doing chores?
A housewife walking randomly through town asking you did you see Nazeem - stuffed up jarl's backside?
And at certain time (dusk or dawn, dunno) she's seen in front of some god shrine bragging other crap about Nazeem.
Scheduling is things like that?

I'm glad such stuff is not in the game. I like Original Sin's current design and humor style more. Sorry.
For eat/sleep/toilet/job/etc stuff, well, Sims 4 is coming soon.

Lost another savegame ... and one very serious battle because of that ... The game didn't finish saving, as it looked to me, and crashed meanwhile, and I seem to have gotten a new corrupted savegame now ... (And that was in the darker northwest of Cyseal ...)

Problems with savegames, really? I feel sorry for you in such a situation.

Looks like I'm going to wait until it's sufficiently patched.

1.0.67 on both steam and gog.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/230230/announcements/detail/250264574039813290

The most important thing:
Please, don't forget to check the integrity of your game cache whenever an update is released.

To do so: right click on Divinity:Original sin in your library, select properties, click on local files and then click on "verify integrity of game cache".
Sadly you can't do this on GOG. Yet.

The most irrelevant thing but since some people use it as an excuse of still not joining the party playing the game:
Next week btw we'll be bringing you extra AI personalities

Finally, there are some comments on the latest patch where it's obvious not all Steam users are pathetic. Here's one such person:
biml8g.jpg

Most of the issues I was having have gotten themselves resolved - though my journal does seem a bit weird because of the order of events. Back to the fun time again!

I've got 15hours in and haven't had a single issue.. but rather some of the most genuine fun since games like Fallout 2. Do yourself a favor peeps just play the goddamn thing, it's the kind of game that inspires websites like this.

Lost another savegame … and one very serious battle because of that … The game didn't finish saving, as it looked to me, and crashed meanwhile, and I seem to have gotten a new corrupted savegame now … (And that was in the darker northwest of Cyseal …)

care to post your system specs? I'm having similar problems (infinite save/load time) though only 1 (so far) corrupted save. I'm running it on win 7 32 bit with only 2 gb of ram (yeah, I know :'( though so that could be it. Running it on a win 7 32 bit laptop with 4gb ram greatly reduces (though still long) save/load time and I haven't encountered the infinite save/load thing yet.

The most irrelevant thing but since some people use it as an excuse of still not joining the party playing the game:

"Next week btw we'll be bringing you extra AI personalities"

I've put just over 15 hours into the game just testing builds and trying the first few areas, but I'm waiting for the AI personalities before a full playthrough.

I know the game is good already and I know I will greatly enjoy it.

Here are some other things I know. The wait is not long for AI personalities. I will only play the game once now(maybe in 2-3 years I will play again.) I will enjoy the game 10x more with an AI personality for one of the main characters than I would playing both characters myself.

Why wouldn't I wait?

It's certainly very disappointing that day/night cycles and NPC schedules didn't make it, it's one of the reasons why i backed it in the first place. It's truly what sets RPGs apart from stale Bioware feel, and makes it feel more organic - like U7, one of Larians biggest inspirations, or DD / TES.

I don't really understand why they removed day/night cycles? Even Baldur's Gate has that, while it doesnt make sense that people are standing outside day/night it's still more immersive than a world that completely lacks nights.

I will still play it, but like always i'm probaly holding off for a year or more to get a better experience.. If the modding community will be even just 1/10th of of what it is for TES we will see some great things.

care to post your system specs? I'm having similar problems (infinite save/load time) though only 1 (so far) corrupted save. I'm running it on win 7 32 bit with only 2 gb of ram (yeah, I know :'( though so that could be it. Running it on a win 7 32 bit laptop with 4gb ram greatly reduces (though still long) save/load time and I haven't encountered the infinite save/load thing yet.
The crash-during-saving problem is only on 32-bit OSes from what I've read. I believe Alrik mentioned in a previous post that he's also running a 32-bit OS. It's due to memory limitations, and Larian says they've been working on improving the situation. Their recommendation to avoid the crashes is to turn down graphics quality, particularly texture quality.

Next week btw we'll be bringing you extra AI personalities together with a number of improvements based on your feedback.
Yay! I need to hurry finding Triss.

Yes, this exactly. Thanks. I'm going to put this game on the back burner for a while until this promised feature makes a return.

It's certainly very disappointing that day/night cycles and NPC schedules didn't make it, it's one of the reasons why i backed it in the first place. It's truly what sets RPGs apart from stale Bioware feel, and makes it feel more organic - like U7, one of Larians biggest inspirations, or DD / TES.

I don't really understand why they removed day/night cycles? Even Baldur's Gate has that, while it doesnt make sense that people are standing outside day/night it's still more immersive than a world that completely lacks nights.

I will still play it, but like always i'm probaly holding off for a year or more to get a better experience.. If the modding community will be even just 1/10th of of what it is for TES we will see some great things.

I don't believe day/night cycles is one of the features that's planned for later. It isn't happening at all.

Back
Top Bottom