Alpha Protocol - Short Delay?

Dear JDR - Ask yourself where this need to comment on everything I say comes from.

Even if I'm right about you, it's not exactly a bad thing that you learn about it.

If you want to be one who can see his own faults, you can just work at it. You can actually become a stronger person by doing so, rather than weaker as you evidently fear :)

Anyway, I'm going to spare the rest of the Watch our little exchanges, because I don't really think it serves a purpose that's worth enough to derail all these threads.

If you insist on these little "contributions", based on your antagonistic disposition towards me lately, I'm going to place you on ignore. It's easier that way.

But know that I still think you're an ok dude - you just can't get past this little "obstacle" :)

Eh?

Calm down little guy, it was a joke. I actually thought you would get a kick out of it.

If you're going to be that sensitive about it, then maybe that pic is more fitting than I thought. ;)

As far as "commenting on everything you say", you must be kidding yourself…..or maybe just stroking your ego. :)

I'm pretty much the opposite, at least regarding Risen. I'm not *crazy* about AP (not a fan of action-RPGs in general), but I'm quite a lot more interested in that vs any other games coming out soon.

Same here. From what I've gathered, Risen looks like it could be a very good remake of a very good old game. However, warmed-over old games are warmed-over old games, however good the originals being warmed over are, and however skillfully the warming-over has been done. (The same goes for Dragon Age, by the way.)

AP, on the other hand, appears to have some genuinely new and interesting things -- specifically, the setting and the approach to storytelling ("open story" rather than "open world"). That's the same reason I'm so looking forward to Venetica -- again, a new setting and what looks like an interesting twist to storytelling..

Eh?

Calm down little guy, it was a joke. I actually thought you would get a kick out of it.

If you're going to be that sensitive about it, then maybe that pic is more fitting than I thought. ;)

As far as "commenting on everything you say", you must be kidding yourself…..or maybe just stroking your ego. :)

It was cute, no doubt - but it's still a derail, and I promised I wouldn't do that, so I'm trying to keep the promise.

I get a kick out of many things, but it's my kick - not a "Watch" kick - see? :)

I get a kick out of many things, but it's my kick - not a "Watch" kick - see? :)

Since when have you of all people ever been worried about etiquette here? :thinking:

I'm gonna take that pic down though…. *done*

Back on topic…

Same here. From what I've gathered, Risen looks like it could be a very good remake of a very good old game. However, warmed-over old games are warmed-over old games,

Kind of harsh there PJ, although I guess I could understand if you're burned out on that style of game right now. Risen is still #1 on my hit list, but Alpha Protocol might be #2.

I'm just not totally convinced that AP is really going to be that genuine, but maybe I'm just guarding myself from possible disappointment.

Same here. From what I've gathered, Risen looks like it could be a very good remake of a very good old game. However, warmed-over old games are warmed-over old games, however good the originals being warmed over are, and however skillfully the warming-over has been done. (The same goes for Dragon Age, by the way.)

AP, on the other hand, appears to have some genuinely new and interesting things — specifically, the setting and the approach to storytelling ("open story" rather than "open world"). That's the same reason I'm so looking forward to Venetica — again, a new setting and what looks like an interesting twist to storytelling..

I get what you're saying.

Maybe it's because I'm always sceptical of new ideas, and especially the execution of said ideas. To put it roughly, I think it's easier to innovate than produce quality.

Just look at Molyneux - as he sort of represents what I loathe about "innovation" when it goes bad. He has great ideas and a wonderfully whimsical attitude towards entertainment, but I don't think he knows how to control it and put it all together.

AP does seem to tread new ground, but I really haven't seen anything to excite me yet.

I was saying that is everyone had the same needs / tastes, we would only need a single game system to play a single game.

Apart from the fact that we'd be pretty bored playing the same game constantly, on a technologically outdated system - I guess you're right :)

I'm just not totally convinced that AP is really going to be that genuine, but maybe I'm just guarding myself from possible disappointment.

I'm fairly convinced that it is "new" in the ways I expect. What I'm not so sure about is how well it'll play, and how bugfree it'll be. It could very well turn out to be yet another flawed game halfway to brilliance -- in which case yeah, I will be disappointed.

Apart from the fact that we'd be pretty bored playing the same game constantly, on a technologically outdated system - I guess you're right :)

How many millions of copies of Madden are sold each year? :D

Back
Top Bottom