Dragon Commander - Review Roundup #1

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dragon Commander will be released tomorrow on GOG.com or Steam. Reviews can now be posted so I bring you three reviews to help anyone who is still undecided.

Entertainment Buddha - 8.5/10

The Awesome: Political choices echo real-world issues, Three different gameplay elements tied together perfectly, Beautiful character models.

The Not So Awesome
: The game can be a lot to handle for newcomers, Long loading times, RTS segment's textures are lacking.
The Controller Online - 8/10

Divinity: Dragon Commander does a great job of mixing styles to create a fresh new take on the strategy game. Purists may feel it doesn’t go deep enough in any one area, but its different layers come together to make for an ultimately fun and complete game. If you’re looking for a truly different strategy game, be sure to grab Dragon Commander.
Games.On.Net - No Score

Dragon Commander is a hearty strategy title that’s both entertaining and challenging. The RPG elements could be a tad better, but ultimately they serve their purpose well by engaging you in the ‘why’ of your bid for world domination, although the single-player doesn’t have much replay value to it. The tactical battles are quick and intense, and they allow you to beat the odds if you’re caught out. The only problem is, you can only fight one battle yourself so choose wisely.
More information.

Launch trailer
Edit: video removed, there is now a front page newsitem. Thanks couchpotato.

Last edited:
Thanks GhanBuriGhan I'll add it to the newbit on the front page.:worship:

I would have made a new newsbit. Launch trailer and reviews are different topics.

/watches trailer

/goes to steam and buys game.

looks great. i only worry that i won't have enough time to play it (given how involved it appears) . . . but it looks so good!

I would have made a new newsbit. Launch trailer and reviews are different topics.
Done wasn't a problem to edit it. Thanks:)

I only bought the game to support Larian more for Divinity Original Sin. I'm not very fond of strategy games.

I didn't have the chance to do the beta, really looking forward to playing this :)

The game looks great until the RTS part. I'm not a fan of RTS and it looks like it can be a little bit overwhelming for me, so I'll pass. But I hope it sells well.

I wonder when the people who chipped in at the Dragon Commander tier for the D:OS KickStarter get their hands on this.
Anybody know?

I wonder when the people who chipped in at the Dragon Commander tier for the D:OS KickStarter get their hands on this.
Anybody know?

I just checked in the Larian Vault and the key is available now! Just log into Larian Vault, go to the DOS Kickstarter page, find the Dragon commander reward, choose your provider, and activate.
I assume you'll get it as soon as it unlocks at steam and GOG - 28 hours from now according to steam.

I just checked in the Larian Vault and the key is available now! Just log into Larian Vault, go to the DOS Kickstarter page, find the Dragon commander reward, choose your provider, and activate.
I assume you'll get it as soon as it unlocks at steam and GOG - 28 hours from now according to steam.

Thanks buddy!

Sweet. Thanks!

And if you're a backer, remember you'll get a code tomorrow for a free upgrade to the imperial edition and extra stuff =)

Awesome, just got the email ... And me away on work travel without my gaming laptop ...

The game looks great until the RTS part. I'm not a fan of RTS and it looks like it can be a little bit overwhelming for me, so I'll pass. But I hope it sells well.
Ditto this - I'm not real big on RTS. If it has enough of a turn-based system to back it up, though, it could have possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom