New Sacred Gold playthrough on Youtube with commentary!

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone. Just wanted to inform you all that I started a new playthrough of Sacred Gold on my Youtube channel. I'm playing the game for the first time so I kind of fumble through things at times, and the pace at first is a little slow since it's mostly tutorial, but after a few episodes it starts to pick up steam and get pretty interesting.

If you're interested in watching playthroughs on Youtube, give these videos a shot and see what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FluentGamingChannel

Thanks for checking it out!

Man, is this game really this brutal? I'm getting my butt handed to me time and time again. I must have died 20 times already. You really have to be careful and not attract a group or you're done for. I find myself running from enemies all the time. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Any tips for a first time Battle Mage character? My technique so far has been to try and only fight one opponent at a time, and use my Fire Spiral skill which creates a ring of fire on the ground while I pummel with my sword. It works, most of the time, but forget fighting anything more than two opponents at the same time. And these goblins are roving around in packs of 4-5. It's very treacherous.

Maybe you should try different class.I beaten game few times and easiest was with Vampiress(with full focus on her vampire form), Gladiator was also easy so was Dwarf. I didn't play Battle mage so unfortuanly I can't give you any useful advice for him(I only didn't play him and elfs), but as soon as you get horse game becomes easier.

What level of difficulty? I played a Battle Mage and didn't have much trouble, but this was years ago. Sacred had too many respawns for me to finish it. I'm not Joxer, but Sacred is ridiculous.

I'm on Silver difficulty, level 11. It seems like the enemies keep getting stronger, too (level scaling?). I don't know. Game is rough, though. Very rough.

Why not?

I just learned that I can exchange runes I can't use for a rune that I can use. Maybe that will make the game a bit easier once I level up my skills more.

Raises your cool down times by a lot compared to the damage benefit. Generally it's ok for buffs, but not for the combat arts. Still, Keep them low.

I've started a playthough with a daemon, which I always meant to try and never got around to. So far I've been cleaving through things with ease, but I went with the default difficulty, so that's probably just bronze.

The vampiress was pretty strong, as I recall, but I don't remember the battlemage being any more difficult. It might depend on what runes you get early on, though. It's been far too long since I played any of the other classes.

Don't eat so many runes that your regen time on fire spiral is too high. Keep the regen time at a low enough time so that you can spam another as soon as the first is done. If you have to wait for a long time before you cn cast it again, you're toast. You also want to socket vampire runes and/or rings that have the life leech bonus. You want the spiral to not only damage, but to heal you as it does so. Once you get life leech to around 35% or so, you will be pretty much unstoppable. Also use fireball to pick off monsters that escaped the spiral. It's not too difficult to have a high damage fireball with less than a second regen. Very helpful. I have literally thousands of hours invested in Sacred, my favorite series. Be glad to help in any way I can, although I used Ice shards on my BM, not spiral. You also may want to find gear with "regeneration spells %" if your regen times are too high.

I've always discounted this game as a Diablo clone, but after watching some of your Youtube footage, I get the impression that Sacred is closer to Divine Divinity than to Diablo. Can anyone tell me how Sacred compares to DD?

Is the start of the game and character background different depending on which class you choose? Are any events or dialogue different based on who you are?

How bad is the repawning exactly? Do enemies actually respawn while you're still in the same area? Do item locations (chests, etc.) also respawn?

Can anyone tell me how Sacred compares to DD?

Mechanics are better than DD and design of classes is lot better(not that DD had bad class design quite opposite), but world design and writing are not nearly as good.

Is the start of the game and character background different depending on which class you choose?
yes
Are any events or dialogue different based on who you are?

No, but there are no dialog choices anyway, pc comments are on different for each class.

Do enemies actually respawn while you're still in the same area?

Yes, chests respawn too but you get small amount from them, 90% of items you get are from enemies.

One big problem for me with sacred gold is level scaling that was not in original game and came with underworld expansion and ruined a game quite a bit.

Yes, chests respawn too but you get small amount from them, 90% of items you get are from enemies.

One big problem for me with sacred gold is level scaling that was not in original game and came with underworld expansion and ruined a game quite a bit.

Ah..ok. That's disappointing. That degree of respawn is a big negative for me. I don't like games with heavy respawn and especially respawning loot. That was a major reason I didn't enjoy Dead Island for example. The level scaling is a negative for me as well.

The respawning's not that big a deal. Monsters that are weaker than you, which is all I see if I revisit an area, tend to ignore you, so it's really up to you whether you fight them or not, and it's the kind of game where any items they drop are lower level and therefore useless. I can't say I've seen any respawning loot containers yet, but I imagine they follow the same rules. There's not really any reason to backtrack anyway. I didn't even remember there being respawns until I started playing again.

I'd say it's not as deep and interesting as Divine Divinity, and you're completely locked into one set of class abilities and inventory once you start. Each class gets a slightly different beginning, and you can get some different dialogue from early quest givers, but other than that it doesn't differ much. Minor NPCs run away from certain classes (daemon and vampire, I think), but not to any real effect. Your character has different chatter, which does give you a little sense of character.

JDR, it's definitely worth a shot if you like Divine Divinity. I haven't played much DD but this game is similar from the little of DD I've seen. Check it out and see if you like it it, can't hurt.

And yeah, there are respawns but I don't mind them. Just more enemies to grind on for loot and exp.

The exploration is really nice. In my "An Unexpected Surprise" episode on Youtube, I stumbled upon a Seraphim being held captive by an evil priest, and it was actually a quest to save her that didn't trigger until I've killed the high priest. I had no idea the quest was even there, it was just a reward for exploring the area fully (the cave that they were in was in an optional side area to explore). Very cool. Sacred 2 had a bunch of this, too. Makes exploring very worthwhile.

Good to know! I bought boxed copies of sacred and underworld separately many moons ago. Not gold, I believe. So just installing sacred 1 without underworld would prevent level scaling? If so, that's great news for me! And my interest in this game would come back.

Good to know! I bought boxed copies of sacred and underworld separately many moons ago. Not gold, I believe. So just installing sacred 1 without underworld would prevent level scaling? If so, that's great news for me! And my interest in this game would come back.

Only if you can find patches and manually patch vanilla game because early version of Sacred is bugy mess with some game breaking bugs.

Back
Top Bottom