Admins - What is an active member?

narpet

Sentinel
Hello all you admins and moderators...

I was looking at the stats on the bottom of the main forum page under the title "What's Going On?" and it lists the number of Members (671 right now) and the number of Active Members (214 right now).

Can someone tell me what constitutes an active member? I assume it has something to do with posting activity, but I am interested in the details on how it's determined.

Thanks,
narpet

An active member has at least 1 post. The rest registered but didn´t post (yet). Maybe they only wanted to have access to the options menu, which is perfectly fine.

edit: Gorath, you queue-jumper! :shakefist:

I'm guessing active members are members that are registered and have at least 1 post. The others probably only register to have a more convenient lurking experience. For example, if you aren't logged in there's some sort of "welcome! don't you want to register? ;)" message on the index page.

Mouse over it, folks. It says "active users" have posted in the last 30 days.

So by moving the goalposts either way of 30 in the database settings the active users stat's could be varied. Does the "last 30 days" contitute an average forum view user, or is it more complicated than that....? :faq:

Yeah... You'd be nothing more than a glitch in the system. But don't worry, even the smallest glitch can change the course of a discussion.

Yes, you'd be nothing more than a glitch in the system. But don't worry, even the smallest glitch can change the course of a discussion.

Hehe ... my younger son was listening to the Pokemon 2000 soundtrack at bedtime last nite ... "the power of one" ...

Back
Top Bottom