anyone in the Dragon Age Keep beta?

Bother. That means just verbal references and text references. No actual appearances when they give the backstory or even statues

The Warden doesn't show up in DAI physically. Hawke does and you get to customize her/his appearance in DAI (that's what the dev said).

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point of this?

Why even have it as a separate program? If we can't import our saves, then why not just ask these questions at the start of the game?
I think they're going to use the Keep for managing your personal world state for all the IP. As a separate application they won't need to implement it in every single game. Plus you always can generate some buzz before release with the Keep having new features or whatever.

While I generally like the idea, I'm still annoyed by the missing savegame import fearture. Everything would have been so much easier for the user. :)

I think they're going to use the Keep for managing your personal world state for all the IP.

Wouldn't make much sense imo. Iirc, they announced a long time ago that Dragon Age would be a trilogy. I'm pretty sure DA:I is going to be the end of this storyline.

That would be new to me. Do you have a source?
I thought the reason having different protagonists in the games is that they want to make more than 3 games, which would have been difficult with the same protagonist.

If you were right, I admint that the Keep wouldn't make much sense.

Edit: Found this comment in another thread:
They had a 4-5 game storyline plan since mid-DAO production so no switching Age until they are done with it…and technically DAI is game #2.

Ah, well I'm glad you found a comment from an official source. ;)

I thought it was originally intended to be a trilogy, but I could be wrong about that. I also thought they said we would be importing The Warden into the next game after DA:O which obviously didn't happen.

It's just a piece of software making it easier to handle multiple platforms, instead of writing something specific for each of them - since you can't easily transfer characters from, say, Xbox 360 to Xbox One - or even from PS3 to Xbox One.

So, they wrote a single piece of software to handle all platforms - simply by circumventing the actual platform aspect of the problem. I don't know if they're even going to write something for the various platforms to access it? Maybe they simply demand players use a browser no matter what. Certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I'd imagine the piracy factor might be some small bonus for them, though I doubt it's been a big part of the reason to make this Keep.

Also, it's much easier to maintain this kind of simplistic setup for potential future games - whether or not they're directly tied to the story. I assume they've written it to adapt to different parameters and what not.

Never claimed it to be official. ;) It only shows I'm not the only one to think DA:I won't be the last game in the series.

I'd imagine the piracy factor might be some small bonus for them, though I doubt it's been a big part of the reason to make this Keep.

You don't need to use the Keep, but you'll be stuck with the default world state if you don't.

There for you.

You can also find quotes form 2009 before DAO was released where BioWare exec only talked about DA has a franchise not a trilogy like ME.

Never claimed it to be official. ;) It only shows I'm not the only one to think DA:I won't be the last game in the series.

Oh I'm quite sure it won't be the last game in the series. I said I think it might be the last game in this particular storyline - like the way ME3 was the last game for that story. I wasn't talking about the IP. It's a safe bet that there will be other games in the DA universe if DA:I sells enough copies.

To be honest though, DA2 was so different from DA:O that it almost felt like a different story anyways. Same land and lore, but the connection between the two games was pretty vague in most aspects.

Oh I'm quite sure it won't be the last game in the series. I said I think it might be the last game in this particular storyline - like the way ME3 was the last game for that story.
Hm... actually I don't see a storyline that connects the 3 DA games. Afaik they're only loosely connected.

Hm… actually I don't see a storyline that connects the 3 DA games. Afaik they're only loosely connected.

I agree, but that doesn't seem to be the way a lot of people look at them. Imo, DA2 shouldn't have even had the "2" in the title. It should have been called something else.

I agree, but that doesn't seem to be the way a lot of people look at them. Imo, DA2 shouldn't have even had the "2" in the title. It should have been called something else.

Yep, Dragon Age: Hawke or Dragon Age: Kirkwall or something.

Right. They should have named it Dragon Age: Rebellion or something.

You don't need to use the Keep, but you'll be stuck with the default world state if you don't.

Which means that pirates who've played DA:O will be motivated to gain access to the Keep.

So, it's probably helpful to combat piracy.

Which means that pirates who've played DA:O will be motivated to gain access to the Keep.

So, it's probably helpful to combat piracy.
Not really as all you need to do is figure out how the game makes the data, and where it imports it. There is already talk from various modders about this issue on the Nexus.

So I except we will see a program that does not require you to use the Keep.:)

Last edited:
Not really as all you need to do is figure out how the game makes the data, and where it imports it. There is already talk from various modders about this issue on the Nexus.

So I except we will see a program that does not require you to use the Keep.:)

There's no guarentee such a tool will be developed, and if it does - it can take weeks or months before it's released. A lot of people are impatient and don't want to wait around for a program that might never appear before playing a big and hyped AAA title like this.

So, yeah, I really do think it will help combat piracy where DA:I is concerned.

But when I say help combat, I'm not saying it will make all people buy it, just some people who would otherwise just have pirated it.

Yes gamers usually are impatient so I wont disagree with you on that.;)

Anyway from what I see from the videos you can import up to three world states into the game. So it might be just as easy as people sharing the save data to other users.

If not I will just continue to use the Keep, but I prefer another way.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom