PoE Pillars of Eternity preload

Pillars of Eternity
Problem is that patches come to GOG much later. At least that's my experience with D:OS and WL2. That was really annoying.

And I think Steam has the option to disable auto updates as well.

Bit of course you're right about the DRM…

As I've said I can't await GOG Galaxy.

Sadly, Steam only gives you the option not to do scheduled updates - it always tries to update to the latest version of a game before it launches it. There is no way to turn this off. The main reason is that they want to ensure that every client is the same, primarily for online gaming. It's also why they perform intrusive scans of your whole PC, to ensure that you're not running any hacks to allow online cheating.

i tought i saw some devs saying main quest is at least 25-30h?

25-30 hours is what it took a QA guy who already knew the game and skipped dialogues (i.e. didn't read them) to follow the critical main path only. I don't know on what difficulty that was done though.

Josh Sawyer showed a save at the start of Act 3 at 58 hours and he said he focused on the critical path and some bounties...but he probably plays a lot more with his party than most people.

Does anyone know if the other bonuses will also be released on the obsidian PoE website? I mean I got the Champion Edition of the game on GoG, but from what I can see I'm still missing a bunch of digital content (Digital Collector's Book, Digital Novella by Chris Avellone, Digital Campaign Almanac, Digital download of the Cooking with Tim Cookbook – An RPG-themed e-Cookbook, Digital Download of World Almanac, Digital Strategy Guide)

Anyone else in the same situation?

Similar. Awaiting news on the strategy guide, for example.

I think I will go with Steam for now. The convenience over GOG matters to me more. And I haven't had any issues with Steam for years. If I am afraid of updates breaking my saves, I can just set it to offline mode.

Does anyone know if this will be unlocked at midnight, or tomorrow morning?

Steam says 19 hours and since I go by central time that's 11:AM tomorrow.

That's probably for the best - I was planning on just fumbling around with character creation, maybe starting the intro - next thing I know, I'd probably be playing until I pass out with my head on the keyboard as the sun comes up, empty beverage bottles and crumpled bags of snacks surrounding my desk.

The digital goodies that come with the different editions are going to be available on (or slightly before) the 26th on the backer portal.

Game is unlocked tomorrow at 9 AM PST / 17:00 CET.

That's probably for the best - I was planning on just fumbling around with character creation, maybe starting the intro - next thing I know, I'd probably be playing until I pass out with my head on the keyboard as the sun comes up, empty beverage bottles and crumpled bags of snacks surrounding my desk.

Got too much to do to do that. Although it's tempting. Someone has to keep Maylander company. :)

Got too much to do to do that. Although it's tempting. Someone has to keep Maylander company. :)

Is Maylander known for deep diving into games, to be first with a review?

Is Maylander known for deep diving into games, to be first with a review?

Maylander is a legend around these parts! Somehow he is able to finish long games in amazing speeds - and these aren't "speed-runs" where he skips most of the content, mind you, but legitimate play-throughs. It truly is impressive!

I simply consider myself efficient, and I generally take some time off from work to play the biggest RPG releases, such as this one. However, unlike about half the internet, I don't have a review copy.

Not that I'm bitter at Obsidian or anything. I just put $500 into the damn game..

Although I am not convinced he doesn't skip some side quests and full exploration… :) Some obscure stuff can be missed if you are in rush...

Although I am not convinced he doesn't skip side quests and full exploration… :)

I don't, which I've proven on many occasions, the latest being DA: I and Risen 3, pretty massive games where I completed every area and every quest.

Edit: Actually, in I didn't do everything in DA: I. I gathered every shard and so on, but hunting down every last piece of the paintings or whatever was just too much. I don't consider that meaningful content in any way.

I think I've found cases where you have missed stuff, but you won't admit it… :)

Uh Oh. Ripper pops open another can of worms... :biggrin:

OK, the preload was fast. Surprised that 3 GB loaded in less than a minute. What's up with that?
Mine was 6GB and took about 15 minutes.

Much faster and smaller compared to Wasteland 2.
Uh Oh. Ripper pops open another can of worms… :biggrin:
That's twice on one day also as I remember Vegas.;)

Last edited:
I abandoned my whining about the price for a community funded game, in part due to how awesome this game looks and how long many have waited for such a game and in part due to the docuvideo thing - how can you not throw money at such a good developer when game devs often have such precarious existences? Pre-ordered and preloaded.

Back
Top Bottom