Gothic 3 Patch, what patch?

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Hey weren't we excepting a substantial patch like, now?

Thanks. ;)

Maybe they're waiting for Dec 25th!! :)

According to this piece of news, PB refused to confirm that another patch is going to be released, indicating that they are instead working on an expansion. My guess is that G3 didn't sell as well as expected and they are facing financial problems. Either that or they are going to surprise us.

Would it be possible to find an executive summary of that in English, or an English translation?

Ouch, I was being playful and this sounds serious. :(

As mad as I am at JoWood I don't want them to go out of business.
Hell, all they had to do was bring in some fans willing to sign NDAs and beta test this thing, they could have gotten it don for free, if I lived in Germany I sure would have.

That's what Valve does, not that I think Gothic should play or be like HL but they bring in some testers and pay attention to their reactions, it can be done on the cheap.

Those PB guys and gals have worked their asses off for more the 6 years on this series.
Kept it a small, tight group and worked increatably long hours, they need a break not forced to work even harder, Damn it!

I wish PB would break the silence and say something. Just to ease the fans' discomfort. They've been quite for a looooong time. When was the last time Kai posted on the forums anyway?

Would it be possible to find an executive summary of that in English, or an English translation?

I've read the German piece and while I don't speak German natively, I'll try to summarize the important pieces of information in English.

* The newsbit details how some guys from WorldofGothic were allowed to visit Piranha Bytes in Essen and were free to talk with the employees there.

* They were not allowed to photograph some of the ideas for artwork meant for the addon that hung on the walls.

* The cause of the ambient sound bug has been identified.

* They admit that some changes from the old games that were intended as improvements have not been received as well as had been thought by players.

* This include the randomization in chests; it has saved them a lot of time, but they won't use this system anymore in the future.

* They pretty much avoided answering questions about an upcoming patch. The WorldofGothic people had hoped to learn about when to expect a patch, but now they [WoG] cannot yet confirm if a patch is going to be released.

So to me it seems like WoG just interpreted it like that and it doesn't necessarily mean anything other than that PB wouldn't comment on any patches.

Last edited:
Thanks, Thaurin!

...They pretty much avoided answering questions about an upcoming patch....

Hmmm. Quite strange considering PB are pretty community-centric developers. Maybe they have something special in the works (not a full add-on, more of a quasi-add-on. For eg, completely revamped combat, journal system, combat sound effects) and it might delay them? So they do not want to commit to a release date?

Last edited:
I don't know that maybe pushing it, considering they learned of the disappointment after release, so completly redoing things before the holidays would be an inhuman about of work to accomplish.
Then again maybe it's easier than I am aware to redesign, implement and test in the period of a month or

It would be great if someone from the Piranhas would post here as well, considering we have such an active Gothic forum!

Well certianly good news to help keep their spirits up. :)

I am guessing they really want to go sking so they will give us a patch before the holiday.

It would be great if someone from the Piranhas would post here as well, considering we have such an active Gothic forum!

KaiRo did this once at the old RPGDot (it was about the addon for Gothic 2). I don't mind they don't have much time for us now, since we're still a bit unknown to them. RPGDot still has a link on the official webpage of Gothic 3, while we don't.

Gorath is our main contact to PB, so let's wait for his response!!

I remember reading quite a few nonsense reports about how PB was through with Gothic 3 and the last patch was .09. Welp, with the Gothic franchise being PB's main, if not only project, that line of reasoning makes no sense at all to me. A buggy Gotic 3 is still more fun to play than just about anything else I have on my harddrive.

Ralf [PB] said:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?p=2812997&#post2812997

... PS:

Wenn ich die Verkaufscharts richtig lese, sieht es so aus, als ob Gothic 3 wohl am Ende nicht in den roten Zahlen landen wird und wir die Renovierung (des Spiels- und ebenfalls dringend nötig: unserer Studioräume) fortsetzen können. Wie Ihr an den Bildern auf WOG sehen könnt, blieb nicht viel Zeit sich um unsere Pflanzen zu kümmern.
Ich werde ein paar Fotos posten wenn wir fertig sind...

= ... Gothic 3 sells good, and we can continue to renovate Gothic 3.

Back
Top Bottom