Drakensang: The River of Time - German Collector's Edition Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In addition to the individualised Personal Edition, dtp has announced a "regular" Collector's Edition for Drakensang 2. German only at this stage, I'm afraid:
Heute kündigt Publisher dtp entertainment eine weitere Sonderedition zum kommenden Rollenspiel-Highlight Drakensang: Am Fluss der Zeit an: Zusätzlich zur vorbestellbaren individualisierten Personal Edition wird für Fans ab dem Erstverkaufstag eine Collector’s Edition erhältlich sein.

Während die individualisierte Personal Edition aus produktionstechnischen Gründen nur bis zum 06. Dezember 2009 und nur beim Online-Händler Amazon.de vorbestellbar ist, wird die Collector’s Edition mit Erscheinen von Drakensang: Am Fluss der Zeit Mitte Februar 2010 zum Preis von 69,99 Euro erhältlich sein.

In einer hochwertigen Buchverpackung in Segeltuchoptik enthält die Drakensang: Am Fluss der Zeit Collector’s Edition zusätzlich zum Spiel ein exklusives Ingame-Item, den Original-Soundtrack des Spieles auf CD, eine aufwändig gestaltete Aventurien-Stoff-Landkarte im DIN A2-Format, ein DIN A3-Wendeposter mit Überblick über die Sonderfertigkeiten sowie das DSA-Regelwerk der 4. Edition als PDF.

Drakensang: Am Fluss der Zeit spielt 23 Jahre vor den Ereignissen des letzten Drakensang-Spiels. Wieder bieten dtp entertainment und Radon Labs den Spielern ein einzigartiges Rollenspiel-Erlebnis auf Basis Deutschlands beliebtesten RPG-Systems Das Schwarze Auge.
While we're on dtp, they've joined everyone else with an Advent Calendar, although it doesn't do anything for me at the moment.
Thanks, Alrik!
More information.

Doesn't really sound that great.

70 bucks for a map (albeit "cloth") that's been around for ages (DSA3, got the DIN A2 paper version), a poster with the same cover art, an ingame-item (hooray!) and the soundtrack? They've got to be kidding. At least the personal version gets those nifty Inrah cards although I wouldn't wanna pay 20 additional bucks just for those.

The first one was way cheaper, had a nice miniature, an audio book and that cool, handy leather map (same graphic). The old soundtrack was everything but good both from a compositional & "style" standpoint so I could care less about the second one on disc (since IIRC the same guys are writing the score again).

Guess it's going to be the ordinary one then - if at all.

Actually, 70€ is 105$. ;)

They mention cloth and you are right - it's big - but it still doesn't justify the price in my opinion (25€ difference) esp. since the actual map is an old one (you can see pictures over at amazon, btw).

@Ergonpandilus: Uhm, yea, I know that. I was talking Euros here. 70USD would be damn cheap these days. ;)

The topography of europe and north america also didn't change over the last 100 years, so why should Aventuria have changed for the last 10 years? It's not a political map.

Of course. :) I mean the actual "art", though.

I'm so glad I'm not the 'collector' type. I've probably saved a lot of money over the years by just getting the vanilla version of games :)

I'm also not the "collector type" in games.

But a few times I make a break with this rule. ;)

Back
Top Bottom