Age of Decadence - Public Beta 2 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The promised updated release of The Age of Decadence Public Beta is now available, offering a slew of fixes and improvements. You can grab the updated version via these links:
AoD Public Beta Release 2:
Torrents:
...and this thread has the full changelog if you need a reminder. A small snip from the lengthy list:
Exploration

- Added a new encounter with a gang in the slums.
- Added a character you talk to in the graveyard.

Improvements:

- Added the option to leave screens by pressing the same key that you use to enter it.
- You can access the crafting screen by pressing R.
- You can switch between screens with the hotkeys (from inventory to character screen, for example).
- More buttons with sounds.
- Better formating for the description text in the character screen.
- You can resize and move the textbox in the main gui.
- Added synergy and background description to the character creation screen.
- Added tooltips to the tabs.
- Q and E now rotate the camera.
- Character creation is now tailored to resolutions between 900h and 1080h.
- Added new dialogues screens, with bigger fonts, darker background and better formatting.
- Anisotropic filtering now also affects all weapons, armors and some minor items.
- Now you get a rank if you are part of a faction.
- Notices in dialogue (text between *) now are centered and with a different color.
- Added expanded dialogues about the world with the Inkeeper and Feng.
- Now there is a list with all locations on the right side of the map.
- Now there is a menu from which you can select which bodies you want to loot when 2 or more are in the same place.
- Added sitting animations to filler characters.
- New look for the lorica segmentata.
- All screens fit higher resolutions better.
More information.

That looks like a great list of fixes and enhancements, especially for just two-three months worth of work.
I played a Thief in the first version, and the dodging ability didn't seem to do much, neither did the daggers in combat. So I would try this out after my exams probably. 1 month left :D

That looks like a great list of fixes and enhancements, especially for just two-three months worth of work.
I played a Thief in the first version, and the dodging ability didn't seem to do much, neither did the daggers in combat. So I would try this out after my exams probably. 1 month left :D

More buttons!
Accessing the crafting screen with a key press!
Rotating the camera!

Sounds really amazing :p

More buttons!
Accessing the crafting screen with a key press!
Rotating the camera!

Sounds really amazing :p

You should have a look at the full changelog...

That changelog is for a month of work.

Even better then.

Finally preordered the game. They truly deserve this.

Pre-ordered on the first day I could. I also like my ITS mousepad. :p

Did a run through of the new bets last night with an assassin and had no trouble at all with the combat. I hadn't tried an assassin in the first beta, so I guess I can't compare. Thankfully, my drifter and grifter still got roughed up, so hopefully they didn't tone down the difficulty too much. And, no, I did not hit the "awesome" button.

He did a great job. The only thing clearly missing is a release date ;)

Not been convinced.

The combat system seems to be random. Same implementation of combat routines lead to different outcomes.

Another point: it looks like it is purely stats against stats. Playing a heavy armoured character and after cornering a light armoured NPC, the hit chances were not increased compared to when the same NPC had 7 seven cases free.

Not against turn by turn combat but the system should not be frozen in the past and should improve on its own.

Back
Top Bottom