Realms of Arkania HD - Pre-Purchase Now On Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny is available for pre-purchase on Steam, and you can get it for 20% off before July 30th.

Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny is Now Available for Pre-Purchase on Steam and is 20% off before July 30th!

Old school RPG at it‘s best – for the Fans of REAL RPG games!

Get ready to return to Thorwal, one of the oldest cities of Aventurien. Make sure your wits are sharpened before walking down the small alleys of Thorwal and Prem, and prepare to stop the Orcisch threat while creating a mighty alliance between nations. Featuring a complete visual reimagining along with a comprehensive overhaul of every aspect of the gameplay, Realms of Arkania – Blade of Destiny is set to captivate a 21st century audience of new and old fans alike.
More information.

Too bad no drm-free release on gog or elsewhere. I'd like to play but steam is a no-sale.

Still curious as to wether they've corrected some of the "liberties" Henkel & co. took with the rules system. For instance, the "twohanders" skill originally only governed two-handed swords, and thus was a skill for Warriors only. Other weapons like two-handed axes were governed by the axe skill, which made Dwarves and Thorwalians suck less when compared to Warriors. I'm holding back on buying the boxed set until I know some specifics.

edit: oh, they have a forum now.

I hope these remakes sell well since if they do maybe they will continue the series like was originally planned. They were originally going to have six games since when I bought one of the games it came with a card that had six games listed for the series.

I see beautiful cities that appear empty. Maybe it's a 1 for 1 remake as they say, but I think that means little to no NPCs. What will the player be able to do in these 3D cities?

Yeah, I'm a little confused on their website it say this:

"Newly created, highly detailed 3D World
Turnbased Combat system with tactical draft
Revised and improved Ruleset
New Quests and Encounters
Extensive Bonus Material and unique Heroes
Dozens of Hours of exciting Roleplay in Aventuria"

But on the steam page it says it a 1 for 1 remake. Wouldn't that mean no changes?

Prem flounder faces!

According to craftyfirefox there will be a GOG.com release. Hopefully it's available on the same day as the other versions. (taken from the forum).

On paper this game looks and feels great. Truly hope the reality is great as well.

It's coming out at the same time as Shadowrun Returns. This is not fair for us RPG fans :).

Too bad no drm-free release on gog or elsewhere. I'd like to play but steam is a no-sale.

It's coming to GOG as well and the boxed copy is also DRM free. No idea if that's gonna be available outside of Germany though.

I'm just going to wait and see which game is less buggy and play that one first. :)

I'm expecting Shadowrun Returns to be kinda buggy on release. So will probably pick that up a month later.

Yeah, I'm a little confused on their website it say this:

"Newly created, highly detailed 3D World
Turnbased Combat system with tactical draft
Revised and improved Ruleset
New Quests and Encounters
Extensive Bonus Material and unique Heroes
Dozens of Hours of exciting Roleplay in Aventuria"

But on the steam page it says it a 1 for 1 remake. Wouldn't that mean no changes?

Rules: The old DSA 3.0 rules of the original games will be used (current version is 4.1) - a few enhancements of 4.1 are integrated in the game.

Old enhancements from Shadows over Riva and Star Trail will be integrated in Blade of Destiny HD.

They plan to enhance the game in general after release (new content, updates etc. on a regular basis)!

New Forum Schicksalsklinge DE & EN

Rules: The old DSA 3.0 rules of the original games will be used (current version is 4.1) - a few enhancements of 4.1 are integrated in the game.

Old enhancements from Shadows over Riva and Star Trail will be integrated in Blade of Destiny HD.

They plan to enhance the game in general after release (new content, updates etc. on a regular basis)!

New Forum Schicksalsklinge DE & EN

Thanks, Hidden X.

Like Blizzard or like CDprojekt?

I'm in, bugs or no.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Will wait for reviews before making the plunge.

I didn't realize release date is so close.With Shadowrun, RoA HD, EU 4 and Dragon commander coming out within 20 days period it will be hard to decide what to play first.

I think that, with the 20% off, I'll be prebuying this one. I may, however, wait for a patch or 3 before actually playing. Scratch that: I will absolutely wait for at least one patch!

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom